Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
SERIOUS HELP PLEASEEEEE

ellis08
New User

Mar 9, 2010, 3:39 AM

Post #1 of 2 (785 views)
Shortcut
SERIOUS HELP PLEASEEEEE Can't Post

i need somebody that can really help me here for real....
ok first i went to a friends house i saw there tv (phillips 60P8341A) and the image or the color on the image looked faded i did research and it seem like it was the crt fluid i replace de fluid i plug everything back the way I REMEMBER IT and then i plugged the RED HV CABLES BACK and the one for the green one was making a lot off noise I COULD HEAR THE CURRENT GOING TROUGH IT and no color was coming on, the red and blue was on as soon as i plugged the green one deeper all three will cut off , i left it not out but up a little higher and the red and blue will produce image , i manage to plug the green one with out loosing them but now i dont get no image or sound unless all three lights are out ....
what could this be and how i can fix it I DID NOT BURN OUT THE BULBS so i know is not that , can it be the ground wires not right
please some SERIOUS HELP.......THANKS

tscheucher
User

Mar 9, 2010, 1:07 PM

Post #2 of 2 (776 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ellis08] SERIOUS HELP PLEASEEEEE [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello Ellis08!
What were you do'in with your friend's tv - Sounds like an extensive botch Smile!
As far as I can read from your explanations, you were replacing the tube's coolant in order to improve picture sharpness. That is used to be made after a 4 to 6 years of operation time of the tv.
Commonly you work like that:
- Provide cooled down status of the tube (not operating for at least 2 hours)
- Removing tube's coolant in/outlet sealing (mostly rubber- or glue type)
- Empty old coolant and remember the amount (If not it can be read in tube's datasheet)
The old coolant needts to be returned to your local garbage recycling yard inclusive visible and clear marking what's inside the storage container.
- Refill the tube with same amount of new coolant and make sure no to mix it up with too many dust particles - That could give you troubles lateron in adjusting focus and geometry.
- Use appropriate sealing caps (available as spare part or coming with new coolant bootle) to close the tube's inlet.
Assuming you have obeyed all these pionts, you tried to reseat the high voltage connectors on the tube's backside. They are often wiped with a certain kind of resin when removing them at original status (never unplugged before). Fact is that this resin becomes unclean over the years and provides a small gap between the high voltage brackets (front metalized side of HV plug) and the rubber cap which in certian circumstances can cause a bad connection to be heard as a buzzing sound and so overloads the flyback transformer. I always remove it with sticker remover spray and clean the surface to be attached to as good as possible before reconnecting the cable to the tube.
You were writing that you heard a current flowing very loudly - Itīs not the current (only 0.5 to 2.5mA) but the high voltage, that was causing sparks to jump between the anode plug and the tube. But that should not bother that much in order your device is equipped with an overload protection, that causes the flyback to switchoff in such cases.
So my questions before I (or anybody else) can give you further advice:
- When the tv comes on ('hope it does) ; Is there any high voltage present after startup (led status at the front panel)
- How long does it last (only seconds or switchoff after 1 minute)
- Is any error code being displayed at the front panel (blinking led a several times)
- Was there any coolant dropping onto electronic components (boards) exept the tube(s)
- Did you plug all the connectors in right position (vertical/horizontal deflection)
- Can there be any bended or broken pins at the tube's necks underneath their socket
Please provide some more info's about the tv's current status.

best regards
Thomas

(This post was edited by tscheucher on Mar 15, 2010, 9:27 PM)

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.11 s on (CGI/1.1)