Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
SONY KDE 50xs955

JMON
New User

Jul 11, 2011, 8:40 PM

Post #1 of 6 (3901 views)
Shortcut
SONY KDE 50xs955 Can't Post

i have a sony kde 50xs955 the tv wont turn on i get a green power light flashing 100 times then turns solid green im very good at
fixing things i was wondering if maybe this may be the g2n board or maybe the power board another board if i know what the problem is i can pay someone to fix the bad part please help point me in the right direction thank you for taking the time to read this

IF YOU HELP ME FIX IT I WILL PAYPAL A NICE PAYMENT TO THE RIGHT PERSON OR A PREPAID VISA CARD THANK YOU!!

(This post was edited by JMON on Jul 11, 2011, 8:41 PM)

Repair man
Enthusiast

Jul 12, 2011, 3:17 AM

Post #2 of 6 (3892 views)
Shortcut
Re: [JMON] SONY KDE 50xs955 [In reply to] Can't Post

This a Sony Plasma TV correct? ... Are you able to remove the back of the set & take some pictures of the boards & email them to me & I can point out a few things to try & email them back.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you (or anyone reading this post) have any further questions or need clarification please feel free to contact me direct; you can find my email address by clicking on my user-name.

Learn Plasma TV Repair

slinteriors
User

Jul 12, 2011, 10:22 AM

Post #3 of 6 (3890 views)
Shortcut

Thats the XS2 chassis. usually if the timer light is solid green its indicating that the timer is set> You can also try doing a hard reset by doing the following proceedure. press power to turn the TV on then press and hold the reset button on the remote, then while holding reset press the power button on the TV itself, the light will go out then release the reset button. That will reset the TV. If that doesnt solve the issue then troublshooting the stand by and start up circuits will be required.

JMON
New User

Jul 12, 2011, 12:31 PM

Post #4 of 6 (3887 views)
Shortcut
Re: [slinteriors] SONY KDE 50xs955 [In reply to] Can't Post

i have sent it and i tried the reset method it reset but it just continues blinking 100 times green then stops to a solid green

sergio2007
New User

Jul 25, 2011, 7:43 AM

Post #5 of 6 (3850 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
i have a sony kde 50xs955 the tv wont turn on i get a green power light flashing 100 times then turns solid green im very good at
fixing things i was wondering if maybe this may be the g2n board or maybe the power board another board if i know what the problem is i can pay someone to fix the bad part please help point me in the right direction thank you for taking the time to read this

IF YOU HELP ME FIX IT I WILL PAYPAL A NICE PAYMENT TO THE RIGHT PERSON OR A PREPAID VISA CARD THANK YOU!!

Hi, I have the exact same problem with my set. Did you find out what it is yet?

oldliftmech
New User

Aug 25, 2011, 8:26 PM

Post #6 of 6 (3783 views)
Shortcut
SONY KDE 50xs955 ; Same problem. [In reply to] Can't Post

My TV has a bad high-voltage power supply board, according to mechanics who came to check the broken set. If anyone needs any other parts to this model Tv, before I throw it in the street, call me at 718-986-1733.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.12 s on (CGI/1.1)