Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
SONY Trinitron (KV-27V55)

fobobobo
New User

Jan 6, 2007, 12:58 AM

Post #1 of 2 (1458 views)
Shortcut
SONY Trinitron (KV-27V55) Can't Post

Hi all! I need a wee bit of help here. A neighbor's sony died. It would not power on (she bought a brand spankin’ new 40" bravia lcd). So, I decided to take the old set and work on it. It did not power on, so I suspected that it was a power supply issue.

I opened it up and found that R607 was bad, so I ordered a kit from electronix.com that included that fusible resistor, Q601 + Q602 (transistor part # C4834), and the horizontal out transistor (C4927). I also checked D625 (the diode close to R607).

I replaced R607, but decided to take the chance on leaving the other components as is. I did not resolder the transformers or any other components as other forums suggested. Then I reconnected everything, plugged the tv into the outlet, and BOOM! Caps 609 and 611 exploded instantly (yes there was enough smoke to get a wiff of).

So, here I am, wondering what went wrong, along with trying to find replacement 224nf caps, at which I have been unsuccessful.

Any ideas on what went wrong, and where to get the same value caps? Also, can someone tell me the biased/reverse biased resistance on D625 if they are working on the same set, because my readings were weird? Thanks!

One of the other forums I checked out was <a href=” http://www.anatekcorp.com/faq/archtv-1.htm</”>http://www.anatekcorp.com/faq/archtv-1.htm</a> , the last post on that was in 2004

(This post was edited by fobobobo on Jan 6, 2007, 12:58 AM)

Paulpablo
Enthusiast

Jan 6, 2007, 1:50 AM

Post #2 of 2 (1449 views)
Shortcut
Re: [fobobobo] SONY Trinitron (KV-27V55) [In reply to] Can't Post

All of the components in that kit need to be installed as they were in there for a purpose, also check for defective solder joints on flyback and driver transformer. This set was famous for defective flybacks.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.12 s on (CGI/1.1)