SOYO 32" POS!

sdaugh7261
New User

Jun 3, 2011, 6:56 AM

Post #1 of 10 (3030 views)
Shortcut
SOYO 32" POS! Can't Post

SOYO DYLT032D 32" HDTV (LCD?)
Friend gave me this TV said it was ""Special"" (of course it had to be broke) So there is no warranty and i'm decent with electronics but not dangerous smart. So I plug it up and the thing shows picture of logo and then goes black, nothing ..... none of the buttons work, can't be shut off without unplugging it. screen shows a bit of black, so i tear the thing apart and the only caps I can see that are bad are on the PSU Converter. any way short and sweet here are the pics and please give me some assistance.

(This post was edited by sdaugh7261 on Jun 3, 2011, 6:57 AM)

jts1957
Veteran

Jun 3, 2011, 11:11 AM

Post #2 of 10 (3010 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sdaugh7261] SOYO 32" POS! [In reply to] Can't Post

As the saying goes: "It pays to be (buy) the best." Wink

-------------------------

sdaugh7261
New User

Jun 3, 2011, 5:24 PM

Post #3 of 10 (3006 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] SOYO 32" POS! [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
As the saying goes: "It pays to be (buy) the best." Wink

As another saying goes: "Useless information is still useless."

Repair man
Enthusiast

Jun 4, 2011, 1:51 AM

Post #4 of 10 (2998 views)
Shortcut

Did you try replacing the bad caps in the power supply?

Change the following 6 caps

C28 & C29 both are 2200uf at 16v

CS42, CS43 & CS26 all 3 are 2200uf at 16v

C27 100uf at 50v

Be sure to use the same values & pay attention to the polarity there is a negative & positive side to them.

That should do it!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you (or anyone reading this post) have any further questions or need clarification please feel free to contact me direct; you can find my email address by clicking on my user-name.

Learn Plasma TV Repair

sdaugh7261
New User

Jun 5, 2011, 3:46 AM

Post #5 of 10 (2990 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Repair man] SOYO 32" POS! [In reply to] Can't Post

What manufacturer of caps should I use, I don't know a whole lot about them >.<

someone else on another fourm said that those caps should be 2200uf at 6.4v, is this information correct?

Repair man
Enthusiast

Jun 5, 2011, 4:37 AM

Post #6 of 10 (2987 views)
Shortcut

Any manufacturer will do... Look at the value of the caps now & replace them with the same (pay close attention to the direction they go in; there is a positive & negative side to them) the values I gave were from my notes from years gone by... It's OK if the voltage is higher with the new caps you are installing as long as they will physically fit & not be too tall to touch the aluminum heat sink.

As for the voltage rating if they are 6.4 volt you can use 16volt or 25 volt etc. it's OK to go with a higher voltage just never go lower than the originals or they will blow up. Make sure the uf rating stays the same (ex: if they are 2200uf then use 2200uf)

It's best to change them one at a time so you don't get the locations mixed up. Use a sharpie marker & mark the ones you are going to change (put a mark on the top) it's easier to keep track of the ones you've already changed.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you (or anyone reading this post) have any further questions or need clarification please feel free to contact me direct; you can find my email address by clicking on my user-name.

Learn Plasma TV Repair

(This post was edited by Repair man on Jul 14, 2011, 3:46 PM)

sdaugh7261
New User

Jun 5, 2011, 10:38 PM

Post #7 of 10 (2976 views)
Shortcut

So I had a friend replace the caps with 2200uf at 16v, and the tv still powers up, gets to the logo screen and then if you hit any of the buttons it works for a few seconds and then locks up. Any ideas?

also, you can shut it off with the power button now.

(This post was edited by sdaugh7261 on Jun 5, 2011, 10:39 PM)

Repair man
Enthusiast

Jun 6, 2011, 5:25 AM

Post #8 of 10 (2967 views)
Shortcut

Can you explain what you mean by "locks up'? What locks up?
Were the old caps 16 volt caps as well?

Learn Plasma TV Repair

sdaugh7261
New User

Jun 6, 2011, 5:59 AM

Post #9 of 10 (2964 views)
Shortcut

No the old caps were 6.3V and by locks up I mean it works and opens the menu or volume etc etc, then it goes into a little gray box in the top left side and won't don anything else after that.

Repair man
Enthusiast

Jun 6, 2011, 6:14 AM

Post #10 of 10 (2966 views)
Shortcut

This sounds like a problem with either the main signal board or the Tcon board but it may still be a problem with the power supply feeding these boards; how many caps did you change? did you change all the caps I had listed earlier in this post?

What about audio, do you still have audio (if you get to that point before it locks up) Can you try a putting a signal to it such as a DVD player & see if you can get it to a point where you see the input the DVD player is connected to & if you have audio even though the picture locks up? If so then the main signal board will likely be fine.

Learn Plasma TV Repair

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.13 s on (CGI/1.1)