Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Samsung DLP HELP

Stuknbama
New User

Feb 24, 2013, 8:50 PM

Post #1 of 1 (980 views)
Shortcut
Samsung DLP HELP Can't Post

I have a HL-T5075S that is giving me fits! I got this TV from a friend. It was working fine when he parked it in the garage where it sat for about six months. I bought it for almost nothing. Got it home, plugged it up, worked great, but had a slight humming sound. Unplugged it to move it once my wife got home.....it never came back on. Lights blinked indicating a bad bulb. I have another identical TV, so I knew the bulbs go out easily. I bought a bulb, put it in, made sure the door switch was correct, and NOTHING. Fooled with it and out of frustration, put the old bulb in. Taped the door switch down...the TV came on....played 8 straight hours, beautiful picture. Turned it off. Three hours later, turned it on, NOTHING. Humming noise was a fan. Fixed that. Unplugged the power from the rear, not the wall, but from the rear.....TV came on when I plugged it back in. Have watched an hour of the Daytona 500 on it. Turned it off, 15 minutes later nothing.....unplugged it from the wall, tried it again, nothing. Unplugged it from the back of the TV, it came on when plugged back in. Turned it off again, waited 5 minutes....unplugged it, took my screw driver shaft and touched the plug prongs (just playing around) and it came on. It's as if it needs to be COMPLETELY unplugged or the cord "discharged" before it will start back up. It sounds as if a capacitor is not discharging and that is keeping it from restarting.....any thoughts? Any help is appreciated!

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.12 s on (CGI/1.1)