Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Samsung DLP TV

Allen1956
New User

Aug 25, 2012, 3:05 PM

Post #1 of 7 (2469 views)
Shortcut
Samsung DLP TV Can't Post

Have a older Samsung DLP TV Model #HL-S5087W. DVD player is hooked up to source AV2, Wii is hooked up to AV3 which also has our netflix viewing, digital converter is hooked up to DTV Air. We can view movies on dvd and we can access and view the netflix movies/shows but when we try to view local tv stations we only get heavy snow. Can one source go out and the other 2 channel sources still work, if so how can we fix this?

jts1957
Veteran

Aug 25, 2012, 4:41 PM

Post #2 of 7 (2460 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Allen1956] Samsung DLP TV [In reply to] Can't Post

What are you using to feed signal to the digital converter? Roof antenna? Rabbit ears?
Where are you connecting the output of the digital converter?
Is digital converter working? Try on another set.

-------------------------

Allen1956
New User

Aug 25, 2012, 7:09 PM

Post #3 of 7 (2454 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] Samsung DLP TV [In reply to] Can't Post

We have tried different Antenna's and converter box. Both were working fine until yesterday so don't know what happened that quick that it would cause that particular source channel to not work. We have also checked all connections and they are all on correct input/outputs.

Repair man
Enthusiast

Aug 27, 2012, 12:25 AM

Post #4 of 7 (2442 views)
Shortcut

If you are putting the signal from your digital box out onto channel 3 or 4 on your TV first thing is to see if your TV is actually set to channel 3 or 4 & make sure the digital box is on. Also see if you have another antenna input on your TV besides DTV & try that. If you still don't get a picture that way, it is possible that the tuner in the TV has gone bad.

Does your digital box have any other outputs (such as RCA AV out -- yellow, white & red jacks) & if it does see if your TV has any more inputs such as video 3 or even front or side video input jacks that can be used; this will bypass the tuner in your TV.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you (or anyone reading this post) have any further questions or need clarification please feel free to contact me direct; you can find my email address by clicking on my user-name.

Learn Plasma TV Repair

Allen1956
New User

Aug 27, 2012, 1:42 AM

Post #5 of 7 (2440 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Repair man] Samsung DLP TV [In reply to] Can't Post

Wonderful advise, thank you so much! Will try that.

Allen1956
New User

Aug 27, 2012, 1:58 AM

Post #6 of 7 (2437 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Repair man] Samsung DLP TV [In reply to] Can't Post

It Worked! Thank You, Thank You, Thank You. We bypassed the tuner and believe it or not it seems like we have a much sharper picture! Thank YOU!

Repair man
Enthusiast

Aug 28, 2012, 12:31 AM

Post #7 of 7 (2422 views)
Shortcut

You're welcome! happy to help.

Yes it will be a sharper picture & you'll also notice much nicer richer sound too; it will be in true stereo using that input as opposed to running it through a tuner.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you (or anyone reading this post) have any further questions or need clarification please feel free to contact me direct; you can find my email address by clicking on my user-name.

Learn Plasma TV Repair

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.13 s on (CGI/1.1)