Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Samsung HCM4216W Widescreen

TooBlue
New User

Dec 28, 2005, 11:36 PM

Post #1 of 2 (1190 views)
Shortcut
Samsung HCM4216W Widescreen Can't Post

I own a Samsung HCM4216W that I purchase through Sears in December of 2002. Last night while watching cable TV sitting in my easy chair I was using my Christmas gift from my son. (A Vibrating Massaging Pad with heat). I was adjusting the settings when I noticed, as I increased the intensity of the vibrations by switching to a high setting, all three RBG beams converged to the center of the screen like a laser show coming to an end and then shut off. This may be coincidental, but I am thinking not. I am sure it is on the same circuit as the TV.

The front panel on light indicated that the set was still on but with no picture. After opening the unit and troubleshooting, I discovered that while on, that all 3 beam tubes elements cycled on and off at about a rate of 12 seconds. Two seconds off than ten seconds on. Meantime there is no picture from any of the input sources. The screen is black. It seems like the set is powering up and then shutting down until I cycle the power off with the remote. There is also a relay in the antenna input circuit that cycles (Clicking Noise) on an off with the tube elements powering on and off. I am thinking that there is a supplemental power supply issue. Anyone else see this issue on this Set? Or know if this is not a power supply issue and may be a control chip issue on another board? Anyone have an e-copy of the service manual.

rrobor
Veteran

Dec 31, 2005, 4:25 AM

Post #2 of 2 (1178 views)
Shortcut
Re: [TooBlue] Samsung HCM4216W Widescreen [In reply to] Can't Post

It was probably a dry joint developing on the STKs in the converge unit and your vibrations were the last straw. Chances are 2 new STKs the odd safety resistor and she will be fine.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.12 s on (CGI/1.1)