Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Samsung HCP4752W trouble

Gotta Fish
New User

Mar 30, 2007, 1:00 PM

Post #1 of 5 (938 views)
Shortcut
Samsung HCP4752W trouble Can't Post

I have a 2 year old Samsung HCP4752W projection TV. Took it to the TV guy and he couldn't fix it. He said it is the main board. Well enough of that. I got the service manual and got into the tv system.
First thing first.
Screen display: Look like Horzional sync (pictures torn) Half the picture on right side is on the left side and the other half of the picture is on the lest side is on the right side all with some ghosting.
Sound OK, Color OK.
Before I go into testing the sevice menu I wrote all value down. When I got into the service mode there are adjustments and fixed setting. In the 480p Offset mode, adjustment value should be done to, V Amp, V Shift, H EW and H Shift. However I can not change the value. What going on here? What does V Amp, V Shift, H EW and H Shift meaning what?
The same thing is going on in the 1080i Offset mode. Adjustment should only be done to, V Amp, V Shift, H EW and H Shift.
Changing value on the adjustment on other menu page is, OK. I even tested changing the fixed value. But change back the value setting of the fixed. So it's not the remote control. What is going on here?
I press Reset to return the orginial value. Still get the same thing, even after restarting the the TV.
One more thing, What is the CheckSum mean? I get a code BB08. Is that the trouble spot?
Anyway, is the ROM stuck or the SRAM going bad? Is there a module I need to replace, the Micom, CG or HDMI module?
Could someone help me out, Please?...
Thank you....

techchris
Veteran

Mar 30, 2007, 2:26 PM

Post #2 of 5 (930 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Gotta Fish] Samsung HCP4752W trouble [In reply to] Can't Post

first of all,keep out of the service adjustments if you dont know what any of the options are.you have a horizontal problem which could be anything from the eeprom to the jungle ic or even feedback from the flyback tx. to the horizontal driver. you need a professional tech for this not someone who "fixes tv's"

rrobor
Veteran

Mar 31, 2007, 10:34 AM

Post #3 of 5 (912 views)
Shortcut

The checksum is a simple addition of numbers. For example let us say you have a US TV which uses NTSC system. USA might be 3 NTSC may be 6 the tuner is made by Bills tuners thats 14, your checksum is 23. Take the TV to UK thats 5 system Pal 12 and needs Freds tuner 8 checksum 25 The numbers are created so that the set knows each detail from the resultant. So an incorrect checksum means that you fitted freds tuner and its set for bills tuner or the memory has been scrambled. You were given advice to stay away from that area of your TV , thats good advice, your checksum may consist of up to 64 lines as in one set I know, to get that correct by luck is like winning the lottery.

Gotta Fish
New User

Apr 1, 2007, 11:49 PM

Post #4 of 5 (895 views)
Shortcut

In repling to the Samsung HCP4752W. Here is a picture of what the screen is shown, along with it is another pictures of the screen from a different TV that shows the correct viewing screen. Anybody got any ideal of what going on with this troublesome projection TV? Hope these pictures will help you out on what I am seeing and explaining on my previous message.
Attachments: 117_1793.JPG (878 KB)
  117_1797.JPG (972 KB)

rrobor
Veteran

Apr 4, 2007, 11:22 AM

Post #5 of 5 (865 views)
Shortcut

It looks like a software issue, unles you have the setup data and are trained in this model, it will be tough. Your chance of repairing this yourself is next to nil so either dump it or get a Samsung agent to fix it.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.12 s on (CGI/1.1)