Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Samsung HLP5063WX/XAA

ktomes
New User

Aug 3, 2010, 7:09 PM

Post #1 of 2 (1367 views)
Shortcut
Samsung HLP5063WX/XAA Can't Post

I have a Samsung DLP TV, model HLP5063WX/XAA, that has begun to have troubles over the past week. The first noticed issue was a single black horizontal stripe approximately 1" from the top of the screen. Once I turned off the TV for a period of time and turned back on, the issue would be gone. The TV then began random scattered white pixilation that mimicked a snow effect (not single pixels that were white and remain in fix locations) and also the screen would go totally blank and then reappear. This typically occurs 30 minutes after the TV has been turned on and gets progressively worse. Once again, turning off the TV for an extended period and then turning back on will temporarily fix this issue. Both the black line and white pixilation/screen flash issues have begun occurring simultaneously. This does not appear at all when watching SD channels, only HD channels. The TV is hooked up to a HD cable box via HDMI cable. No indication lights are on the front of the TV when the TV is on and only the Standby/Temp light is on, and remains constantly lit, when the TV has been turned off. Any help that can be given would be appreciated...some of these symptoms I have found in other posts and each seem to lead to different diagnosis yet I have been unable to find a situation where a user has described them all like this. Thanks for the help!

jts1957
Veteran

Aug 3, 2010, 9:46 PM

Post #2 of 2 (1363 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ktomes] Samsung HLP5063WX/XAA [In reply to] Can't Post

Maybe you can consider yourself "special."Smile

-------------------------

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.12 s on (CGI/1.1)