Samsung LN52A650A1FXZA Rebooting

My68ur8
New User

Jan 12, 2014, 1:36 AM

Post #1 of 1 (1419 views)
Shortcut
Samsung LN52A650A1FXZA Rebooting Can't Post

Hello,

I have a LN52A650A1FXZA that we bought back in 2008. It had the shadowing issue earlier this year that I fixed with putting foam pads on the ribbon cables to put some pressure on them and it fixed that issue.

Two days ago while watching Netflix is suddenly shut of and instantly rebooted. I happened again an hour later, and then today it is random from 30 sec to an hour before is cycles. It will freeze sometimes with colored lines and then reboot, and right before it kicks off you cannot even pull up the source screen.

I did some research and found all the information about the capacitor issues with these TVs, so I called samsung and they agreed to have a tech fix the capacitor issue on the power board for free ( Great!!)

but that was before I did some more trouble shooting. I am not thinking that is my problem.

My setup

PS4,AppleTV, and the cable box connect to a 3 way HDMI switch and one HDMI cable runs to the TV ( pretty long run as the TV is wall mounted about 15 feet from the cabinet).

I noticed that I only get this issue with an HDMI source. So I did the following

1 - Removed one component at a time and checked through the switch
2 - Move the HDMI Cable to all of the jacks in the TV ( to rule out one bad port in the TV)
3 - Bypass the switch and long cable all together and hooked the Apple TV directly to the TV since it is the easiest to move around.

I had the reboot issue no matter what.

I can watch Netflix on the Wii with component connections all day long with no problem so this makes me thinks its not the power board capacitor issue that everyone has and something wrong on the main board with the HDMI processing or ports.

What do you think? I can get a refurd main board for about 120 bucks and replace it, but I won't put 500 in this TV to fix it, I would likely just buy a new one.

What do you think? Am I missing something

Thanks

Justin

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.12 s on (CGI/1.1)