Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Samsung Plasma Fail

Distortionizm
New User

Jun 2, 2012, 10:25 PM

Post #1 of 8 (1117 views)
Shortcut
Samsung Plasma Fail Can't Post

Hey all... here's my issue. Please see the youtube video below and beware the LOUD buzzing sound. The TV does work perfectly aside from this but what I've discovered is that after I cut the power and disconnect any peripherals and turn it back on, which defaults back to the over-the-air (vhf) channel having no signal, let it warm-up for a minute so to speak, then connect the antenna coax cable to the back and bingo! She works. Rinse repeat after it's turned off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxC9frRrK4s

Model: Samsung PN50A550 50"
Roswell High gain antenna
PC with Hdmi from ATI mini display port connector
Playstation 3

mel
Veteran

Jun 4, 2012, 12:39 AM

Post #2 of 8 (1095 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Distortionizm] Samsung Plasma Fail [In reply to] Can't Post

Is the noise comming from the speakers or is it a mechanical noise from inside the set?

jts1957
Veteran

Jun 4, 2012, 3:18 AM

Post #3 of 8 (1090 views)
Shortcut

You forgot to "lather." Wink

-------------------------

Distortionizm
New User

Jun 4, 2012, 4:24 AM

Post #4 of 8 (1087 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mel] Samsung Plasma Fail [In reply to] Can't Post

Uhmmm...No. If that was a 'mechanical' sound i wouldnt be posting. It would be in a catholic church being exorcised and possibly circumcised. I love humor, but i'm looking for an actual answer or at least an educated guess. Watching the video might help with that.

(This post was edited by Distortionizm on Jun 4, 2012, 4:25 AM)

mel
Veteran

Jun 4, 2012, 8:43 PM

Post #5 of 8 (1079 views)
Shortcut

Ummmm! I watched the video and my question was a valid question. It sounds like it may be the squeal of transformer plates vibrating against each other but this would come from inside the set rather than thru the speakers. If it is coming thru the speakers, it will be an electronics problem which probably involves the audio amp. The "video" sure does not answer that question. I'm not sure where the catholic church, exorcism and circumcision are involved in fixing your TV.

Distortionizm
New User

Jun 4, 2012, 10:51 PM

Post #6 of 8 (1077 views)
Shortcut

My apologies. Didn't mean to sound like troll but this is frustrating. At any rate the sound is coming from the speaker. I appreciate any help provided.

mel
Veteran

Jun 5, 2012, 2:27 AM

Post #7 of 8 (1069 views)
Shortcut

A little more info! Does the volume control have affect and does this happen when using other inputs rather than the antenna?

Distortionizm
New User

Jun 5, 2012, 6:52 AM

Post #8 of 8 (1062 views)
Shortcut

Tv controls become useless when this happens. I have to cut power all together from my power strip. It's only happened on two of the source channels that I know of; the over-the-air tv channel and one of the hdmi inputs connected to a playstation. The other hdmi channel hooked up to my PC hasn't had issues at this point. But I suspect it would happen on any of them if the conditions are 'right'. It seems that when the panel searches for signal on a channel that has input coming in at the time, it gets hung somehow. When there is no source input at the time of scanning it's fine, I just give it a minute or two before I physically hook in the input source and it works. Weird

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.13 s on (CGI/1.1)