Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Samsung Plasma

scasper76
New User

Jun 8, 2010, 3:11 AM

Post #1 of 3 (1241 views)
Shortcut
Samsung Plasma Can't Post

Hello, I have a samsung 50" plasma tv. Model HPS5053x/xaa. For the past week or so I have noticed at times the bottom half of my screen will act up. Whether its lines going through the picture, a black looking background or a "static" look in the picture. It doesn't happen all the time, but lately it seems to be happening more often. Its happens with different sources, xbox360 and cable box. Only happening on the bottom half though. I have also noticed a "hum" coming from the TV for some time now, nothing that sounds bad, but an obvious "hum". It also seems as if the tv is getting hot, alot of heat coming from the top vents on the TV. So I put a fan beside the TV which blows on it to help with the heat. TV stays very cool now. The heat may be normal, I could just be getting a little paranoid with the issues! I noticed the heat, when I started to notice the "hum" coming from the tv, which was maybe 4 months ago?. Any how, just looking for some information on what may be going on. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

darstr
User

Jun 25, 2010, 5:36 PM

Post #2 of 3 (1207 views)
Shortcut
Re: [scasper76] Samsung Plasma [In reply to] Can't Post

Crazy Your Lower Y Buffer is going bad. Here is the Part# for you, if you can get one. BN96-03362A

scasper76
New User

Jun 25, 2010, 9:59 PM

Post #3 of 3 (1201 views)
Shortcut
Re: [darstr] Samsung Plasma [In reply to] Can't Post

I see. Thats what I was beginning to believe too per my research. How would I go about swapping the lower y buffer? I am experienced with computer hardware repair and other type of electronics, just haven't messed with a TV before. Are the boards soldered any where or just a connector type interface? Thanks for the help!

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.12 s on (CGI/1.1)