Samsung TV problem

user_anomynous
New User

May 20, 2014, 3:03 PM

Post #1 of 2 (1713 views)
Shortcut
Samsung TV problem Can't Post

I've two dead Samsung 40" LCD TV.

The first one is LA40S81BX. This TV has flickering issues before eventual blackout. This TV had bloated capacitor previously, but the capacitors had been replaced and worked for a few months. However, the power supply eventually broke down completely as the TV could not be powered up at all. Had ordered a power supply from China as replacement. However, this new power supply seems to be faulty with high frequency hissing sound when powering up. The hissing seems to be located near the main transformer. After replacement, the TV is able to start up, but after a few minutes, the left side of the screen starts flickering and eventually, the screen blacks out. I've changed the lower capacity capacitor to new ones and swapped the transformer and the 400wv Samhwa capacitor from the old power supply, but the hissing and flickering still occurs. Does anyone know what I should check/replace? Or is the back light at fault?

The second TV is model LA40A330J1. The TV occasionally switches on, but now, it remains on standby. Any attempts to power it up results in the standby led blinking for a few seconds, before staying lighted up, but at this point, it does not accept any inputs from the remote. I've replaced the lower capacity capacitors and the TV start-up just that once just after replacement. Prior to replacement, the old capacitor did not have any sign of leakage. I'd probably replace the larger capacitors nearer to the main transformer. Any suggestions?

(This post was edited by user_anomynous on May 20, 2014, 3:49 PM)

flyatyou66
User

May 22, 2014, 11:50 PM

Post #2 of 2 (1668 views)
Shortcut
Re: [user_anomynous] Samsung TV problem [In reply to] Can't Post

Explain ( However, the power supply eventually broke down completely as the TV could not be powered up at all)?? Possible??
I've ordered hard to find parts from china and had no problem with any of them.
Should check voltage on mainboard.From experience when samsung power board capacitors are replaced the main board is not far behind.
As for 2nd tv how many times does it blink. Look up blinking codes for samsung lcd tv

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.12 s on (CGI/1.1)