Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Samsung TXN2775HF

tomd
New User

Dec 3, 2008, 10:28 PM

Post #1 of 7 (1995 views)
Shortcut
Samsung TXN2775HF Can't Post

I picked this HDTV up after i was told it had a faulty power cable, which it did. Now when i try to power up the set i get a clicking noise that I haven't been able to locate. After i looked at the set a little closer it looks like some liquid fell on the main board next to the coax area. Any ideas?
Thanks in advance.

tomd
New User

Jan 9, 2009, 3:40 AM

Post #2 of 7 (1951 views)
Shortcut
Re: [tomd] Samsung TXN2775HF [In reply to] Can't Post

Alright finally able to get something done now that the hollidays are over. I think the clicking noise i am hearing is coming from the flyback transformer. Does anyone know if this is a bad transformer or could it be caused by bad caps??

Thanks
Tom

techchris
Veteran

Jan 9, 2009, 1:33 PM

Post #3 of 7 (1946 views)
Shortcut

the ticking you hear is the power supply cycling on/off due to a short circuit somewhere. if it has had liquid ingress then check around for signs of corrosion. if that does not show anything then take the horizontal output transistor out of the board and switch on.if the ticking has stopped then the power supply is probably ok and the fault is elsewhere,probably HOT or flyback transformer. check for about 120volts on the centre pin connection where you took the transistor out which should tell you the power supply is working.

tomd
New User

Jan 9, 2009, 11:22 PM

Post #4 of 7 (1940 views)
Shortcut
Re: [techchris] Samsung TXN2775HF [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks. I will try that and let you know what i find.

Tom

tomd
New User

Jan 13, 2009, 7:17 AM

Post #5 of 7 (1931 views)
Shortcut
Re: [techchris] Samsung TXN2775HF [In reply to] Can't Post

The board looks fine there are no signs of corrosion, but I haven't been able to locate the horizontal output transistor, everything on this board is squeezed in. Also could this problem be caused by bad caps? There are some that are looking questionable to me. By the way the chassis number for this TV is K55A

Paulpablo
Enthusiast

Jan 14, 2009, 1:33 AM

Post #6 of 7 (1925 views)
Shortcut

Try re-soldering all of the pins on the flyback!

tomd
New User

Jan 16, 2009, 11:43 PM

Post #7 of 7 (1913 views)
Shortcut

Just to clarify all caps should have a flat top. Any with a bulge, or convex top need to be replaced, right? I have two that look questionable, I am going to try to replace them this weekend.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.12 s on (CGI/1.1)