Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Samsung dlp hl56a650c1f

iap
New User

Aug 28, 2010, 1:40 AM

Post #1 of 2 (1465 views)
Shortcut
Samsung dlp hl56a650c1f Can't Post

Hi. I have a samsung 56" dlp that isn't powering up and flashing the lamp light a few times before beginning to flash all three lights. I've taken the back off to see inside and when I turn the set on all of the fans fire up for a second and shut down. As well as some other piece of equipment, I hear it click on and see a bright light then it goes off. What I believe to be the color wheel spins freely, I see it since I've taken out the bulb. When I turn it on with the bulb in I see the light, not from the bulb, but from the board next to it shine bright and click then goes off. I don't see the bulb doing anything.

Well I'm wondering if anyone knows what is wrong, is it the bulb? I was thinking it to be the bulb has gone bad and was ready to order one but got to thinking why do the fans click on for a moment and why does that board click and make a bright light then go away? Could I have some other faulty piece of equipment or will I get these symptoms if my bulb is shot?

If I turn the tv on while holding the detector switch lever down the fans will run until I let go of the switch. Also when I hold the switch down while turning the tv I have some pink part light up 2 times then shut down. And that pink glowing part is some circular part on the board.

Once I replace the bulb and turn the tv on while holding the detector switch down that glowing pink part will keep flashing on 2 times as if it is trying to fire up and all the while I can hear the tv clicking on and off a few times and then it stops trying to turn on and will start flashing all 3 lights.

Can anyone help? I'd gladly get the bulb if that is all it is but I'd like to be certain that that is my problem here. Thanks.

jts1957
Veteran

Aug 28, 2010, 3:35 AM

Post #2 of 2 (1461 views)
Shortcut
Re: [iap] Samsung dlp hl56a650c1f [In reply to] Can't Post

What does user manual have to say regarding how long a lamp lasts? Also what does manual say indications for a bad bulb will be?

If the bulb is considered a consumer replaceable item you would think manufacturer would give him a hint.Cool

-------------------------

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.13 s on (CGI/1.1)