Samsung picture flashing

joanna0774
New User

Aug 16, 2010, 12:56 PM

Post #1 of 1 (1408 views)
Shortcut
Samsung picture flashing Can't Post

Hello -
I'm brand new here and am not very technically savvy. I'm hoping someone can help. We have a Samsung slimfit HDTV model #TXS3082WHX/XAA. It's 4 years old and has been a great tv for our needs. We've never had a problem with it until last night.
The picture, for lack of a better description, started flashing. The picture stays on the screen, but it seems like a bulb is dying inside and is flashing like strobe light at intermittent times. Every few minutes, sometimes more frequently, there is a dull strobe-like flashing on the vertical sides of the screen. It lasts anywhere from a few seconds to 30 seconds. At first I thought it was only doing it when we watched programs saved on the DVR, then I thought it was just with the analog channels. Then it began happening on the digital and HD channels too.
Does anyone have any idea of what this is and if there is a way it can be fixed? We really aren't in a position to replace a high ticket item like a TV right now. As far as I know no settings have been changed, no liquid has gotten into the tv, etc. We do have a 2 year old so anything could have happened at some point I suppose. LOL
My husband is even less technically inclined than I am and his idea was to unplug and replug in the TV. Which we did and it didn't help. LOL
Thanks in advance for any suggestions you have.
-Joanna

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.13 s on (CGI/1.1)