Samsung problem!!

hannyboy2006
New User

Sep 29, 2009, 7:54 PM

Post #1 of 3 (728 views)
Shortcut
Samsung problem!! Can't Post

Good day all........
I've had this problem for a while now. I own a 40" Samsung 1080i. The model number is LE40R73BD.
Basically, the screen shows fuzzy green pixels on the darker areas of a picture (moving or not). This also seems to cause a dithering effect on the brighter areas. It started happening a few months ago when i would switch the telly on and everything would be ok for about an hour before it would start happening. Since then, it's gone from bad to worse where it will happen almost instantly after switching the telly on..... Because it's progressively getting worse , i would assume that it's heat maybe causing connection problems between mother/daughter boards etc.
I've played around with the settings and i've managed to make it less visable by turning the brightness and contrast up to max, but it's still quite noticable. The other thing i should mention is that it happens on any mode and i've taken out all the cables and made sure the connections are secure.....

techchris
Veteran

Sep 29, 2009, 9:18 PM

Post #2 of 3 (723 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hannyboy2006] Samsung problem!! [In reply to] Can't Post

only faults I know are power supply faults which cause all kinds of problems from dead set upwards. Lie the tv flat,remove back and power supply is in centre of tv with metal cover over it, remove cover and look for electrolytic capacitors with bulging tops. if any are bulging, change them (usually 1000mF 10Volt). you have to take board out of tv to do this

hannyboy2006
New User

Sep 29, 2009, 10:38 PM

Post #3 of 3 (717 views)
Shortcut
Re: [techchris] Samsung problem!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks. I will try tomorrow ;)

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.12 s on (CGI/1.1)