Samsung screen problem

Nelly1979
New User

Sep 16, 2009, 12:37 PM

Post #1 of 5 (991 views)
Shortcut
Samsung screen problem Can't Post

Hi all,
I am looking for some advice my samsung plasma has developed a 1 inch flickering line across the top of the screen. It seems to be multi coloured and made up of dots and small lines.
Any ideas what the cause is

jts1957
Veteran

Sep 16, 2009, 3:34 PM

Post #2 of 5 (986 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Nelly1979] Samsung screen problem [In reply to] Can't Post

?Old age?Wink
No model - no hint as to vintage - that's all you get.

-------------------------

tscheucher
User

Sep 17, 2009, 3:08 PM

Post #3 of 5 (964 views)
Shortcut

Hi Nelly1979!
Not that much amount of information. The plasma panel is wrongly controlled in horizontal direction.
Replace x-sus board and make sure before, that there is no possible power surge on secondary stage of the power supply, which could damage the new one also.
Model number wouldn't be that bad :-)

Nelly1979
New User

Sep 18, 2009, 7:42 AM

Post #4 of 5 (954 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] Samsung screen problem [In reply to] Can't Post

Sorry,
The model is a PS42P7HD and it is around 2 Years old.
tscheucher, would this be an expensive repair if i took it to a shop to be repair as I am not good with things like this.

tscheucher
User

Sep 18, 2009, 1:28 PM

Post #5 of 5 (949 views)
Shortcut

Hi Nelly1979!
Deflection boards = direction boards = plasma control boards like x-sus and y-sus depending on the fact if they are communicating with each other via a bus - system, which is usual needs a replacement of both.
Costs are around 240$ each board + repair shop's working time (approximately 70$ / hour) - So I would recommend to get the boards ordered online or via your local repair shop and replaced by yourself. it isn't that complicate. Just open the back housing (metal shielding) of your tv and carefully replace them with the new ones. Therefore itīs only necessary to open their mounting screws and remove their ribbon cable. To unplug that cables you need two screwdrivers (flathead - type) or a special tool. Pull out the side lock of the socket until the cable gets loose and carefully remove it from the old pcb. Do the same way at mounting the new board(s) and close the connection by hand.
In some cases complete repair kits are available from the manufacturer which include the boards to be replaced. Itīs your choice - Beware that your device is out of warrenty before doing repairs.
However you decide - Don't buy a plasma again - they are famous troublemakers in tv repair shops.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.12 s on (CGI/1.1)