Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Sanyo DS25520 Dead

cjpup
New User

Dec 7, 2006, 1:34 AM

Post #1 of 5 (1329 views)
Shortcut
Sanyo DS25520 Dead Can't Post

My Sanyo TV blown a fuse and so I went ahead and replaced it. As soon as I plugged the set in, the fuse blew. I look for any burnt or other physical signs of a problem and found none. It sound like a power supply problem. Any idea on what I sould check next?

(This post was edited by cjpup on Dec 7, 2006, 1:36 AM)

mel
Veteran

Dec 7, 2006, 11:25 PM

Post #2 of 5 (1313 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cjpup] Sanyo DS25520 Dead [In reply to] Can't Post

Does it blow immediately or when you turn it on?. If immediate, check for a shorted diode in the rectifier bridge. Otherwise check for a shorted horizontal output transistor.

cjpup
New User

Dec 8, 2006, 5:45 AM

Post #3 of 5 (1307 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mel] Sanyo DS25520 Dead [In reply to] Can't Post

It blows immediately, as soon as I plug the set end. I check the diodes while in circuit using the diode checker built into my multimeter and got a tone in one direction and no tone in the opposite direction. I asumed they where Ok. I'm leaning on the regulator. Whats your thought?

mel
Veteran

Dec 8, 2006, 11:57 PM

Post #4 of 5 (1293 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cjpup] Sanyo DS25520 Dead [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't have a schematic for that specific model but the regulator is usually on the open side of the power relay. I would more suspect something in the standby power supply.

cjpup
New User

Dec 9, 2006, 12:33 AM

Post #5 of 5 (1292 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mel] Sanyo DS25520 Dead [In reply to] Can't Post

I've order another regulator which by the way is on back order. When it come in, I'll install it and let you know what the out come is. Thank you for the help you have so far giving. Keep in touch.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.12 s on (CGI/1.1)