Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Sanyo coaxile fix

Magick
New User

Jun 28, 2007, 3:51 AM

Post #1 of 2 (1291 views)
Shortcut
Sanyo coaxile fix Can't Post

Hi, my mom just gave me her old sanyo TV that was broken when my nephew was moving it for her.
instead of doing the right thing and reaching around to twist the cable wire from the back he decided to just rip it from the wall with the TV still attached!
this, inturn pulled the coaxile attachment from the TV, I dont know much about TV repairs but I had an extra 19' inch toshiba TV from which I took its coaxile attachment.
Now the sanyo works but the picture is kind fuzzy/snowy, im guessing its because two different TV's, two different sizes, two different brands....
is there/would there be any way of clearing up the fuzziness/snowiness without having to replace the coaxile attachment with a factory piece?
and if so how/what would I use to do so?
thanks for any help or advice you can give....the TV model number is (sanyo - DS25390) 32' inch.

techchris
Veteran

Jun 28, 2007, 1:24 PM

Post #2 of 2 (1280 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Magick] Sanyo coaxile fix [In reply to] Can't Post

the coax connector has an inner and outer conexion.the inner is soldered into the pcb inside the tuner and the outer is soldered to the casing of the tuner.the snowy picture is because you either have not soldered to the correct places ,or have a whisker of wire from the inner touching the outer.all sockets are the same so that isnt the problem.recheck your conexions and all will be well

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.12 s on (CGI/1.1)