Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Screen flashing

zstar5g
New User

Nov 17, 2008, 9:27 PM

Post #1 of 2 (931 views)
Shortcut
Screen flashing Can't Post

Hey all, new here. I have a Sony XBR, about 7 years old, and it's developed a bit of a problem. From time to time, and it seems to happen primarily right after I turn the tv on, there is a good amount of flashing and horizontal lines, almost like something is interfering with the picture causing it to warp. This is hard to describe because it's not the same thing every time, and I cannot reproduce it nor predict when exactly it'll happen. Sometimes it's so bad that the screen goes black for an instant. Once the tv seems "warmed up " it doesn't happen, but it's very random and could happen very little it at all, or be extremely bad. At the same time the picture is going crazy I can hear static over my stereo speakers. However, it still happens even with the stereo turned off.

I've tried to narrow it down to any one component causing interference, but nothing seems to either stop it or reproduce it. Is this an indication that the CRT is about to fail?

rrobor
Veteran

Nov 19, 2008, 9:02 AM

Post #2 of 2 (912 views)
Shortcut
Re: [zstar5g] Screen flashing [In reply to] Can't Post

Replace all electrolytics around the vertical IC. Its a cold mode fault. If you continue on, the vertical IC will fail.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.11 s on (CGI/1.1)