Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Sharp 20RV729

landon1937
New User

Aug 19, 2007, 7:42 PM

Post #1 of 6 (962 views)
Shortcut
Sharp 20RV729 Can't Post

I have the above tv as a second tv in my bedroom. Recently I purchased dish network and had two tv's installed. The den tv is ok but the bedroom tv has lots of snow. To solve the problem the installer made the bedroom tv the main tv set to tv channel 4 and the den tv set to tv channel 60.....reverse as to what they are suppose to be. This is using their single duel receiver...Only one receiver controlls both tv's.
I realize that the frequency of the tv channels are a lot different and therein probably lies the problem. My guess there is something wrong with the UHF portion of the tv as I borrowed a tv from my dauthter and it works fine.
Could someone tell me what ot look for or do you think I should go out and buy a new tv?
Any info will be appreciated.
PS If I leave it like the installer installed I can not use my vcr in the den where I want it.

techchris
Veteran

Aug 19, 2007, 8:02 PM

Post #2 of 6 (957 views)
Shortcut
Re: [landon1937] Sharp 20RV729 [In reply to] Can't Post

sounds like the tuner is low gain around the lower frequencies.a new tuner is the answer to that

mel
Veteran

Aug 19, 2007, 10:05 PM

Post #3 of 6 (956 views)
Shortcut

If your bedroom set is less than a 25" set, it is probably just about as cheap to buy a new set as to have the tuner replaced in the current set.

Franky
User

Aug 19, 2007, 11:16 PM

Post #4 of 6 (954 views)
Shortcut

I would suggest you to buy one antenna/cable signal amp, is cheaper than to buy a tuner.

mel
Veteran

Aug 20, 2007, 10:34 PM

Post #5 of 6 (944 views)
Shortcut

I had another thought. Sometimes the inner contacts of the coax connector will lose their tension and not make good contact with the coax cable center lead resulting in a snowy picture. While this is rare, I have seen it happen and it is easily fixed by taking a piece fine solder and rubbing it and out of the coax so that it deposits a layer of solder in the inner contacts providing better contact.

rrobor
Veteran

Aug 21, 2007, 1:06 AM

Post #6 of 6 (940 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mel] Sharp 20RV729 [In reply to] Can't Post

Sorry cant agree with that. If the solder is lead/tin it will tarnish and create an oxide and who knows what that ends up doing. Other solders I dont know. Here we had a TV with issues of burning a pinhole in a module socket, people soldered over those and the module turned into nightmare of intermittent issues till all the solder was removed.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.13 s on (CGI/1.1)