Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Sharp 32L-S400B

maverickr
User

Jul 15, 2009, 6:32 PM

Post #1 of 6 (1634 views)
Shortcut
Sharp 32L-S400B Can't Post

This set powers on fine. I can see the onscreen menu and text display on the screen when I change the channels. However I get no picture or sound whether i'm using the tuner or video inputs. I tired changing IC201 which is the jungle IC but still no difference. Where else can I look? Thanks

jts1957
Veteran

Jul 15, 2009, 7:11 PM

Post #2 of 6 (1628 views)
Shortcut
Re: [maverickr] Sharp 32L-S400B [In reply to] Can't Post

Input switching IC? Data/Clock (communication problem)?Unsure

-------------------------

tscheucher
User

Jul 25, 2009, 10:11 AM

Post #3 of 6 (1599 views)
Shortcut

Hi maverickr!
Sounds like faulty processor (software D/CL), but mustn´t be the reason.
Try the following:
- Check bad solder connections (pin connections) at T602
- Check Q1791 for B/E - short circuit or open circuit and functionality or bad soldering
Possibly the OS - software on IC2101 is faulty (in case that the first two tips don´t show improvement)
it needs to be reprogrammed (IC2101) - Software is available from Sharp by phone/email request or you order a new IC (costs: about €37,00 these are 51,5 USD) maybe deviating in your country.
regards
thomas

maverickr
User

Aug 22, 2009, 3:23 AM

Post #4 of 6 (1545 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
This set powers on fine. I can see the onscreen menu and text display on the screen when I change the channels. However I get no picture or sound whether i'm using the tuner or video inputs. I tired changing IC201 which is the jungle IC but still no difference. Where else can I look? Thanks

I have this same problem with another set, same model. Seems to be a common problem with sharp but i'm lost as to where to look to solve it. Everything i've tried so far has proven fruitless.

FUXER
User

Aug 22, 2009, 7:33 AM

Post #5 of 6 (1541 views)
Shortcut

WELL!-youmaverick-as you haven't a clue & nor has any of your respondents!- the best thing YOU can do is to find a WORKING set same model!-THEN_ compare nodes!. I feel sure that eventually you will stumble upon the real reason for fault!.(And don't fergit to post it here- so all know!.)Crazy

Paulpablo
Enthusiast

Aug 22, 2009, 3:18 PM

Post #6 of 6 (1538 views)
Shortcut

That chassis was famous for defective solder joints! Examine all areas very carefully.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.12 s on (CGI/1.1)