Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Sharp SX66NF8 problem

AlanThomson
New User

Mar 10, 2007, 4:17 AM

Post #1 of 5 (1018 views)
Shortcut
Sharp SX66NF8 problem Can't Post

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

MY TV Sharp SX66NF8 CRT widescreen has come up with a problem that has stumped the local repairman.

The problem is that all I get is a complete green screen ( think windows blue screen of death) with a black bar accross the centre of it. The bar has an upturned line at each end. I"ll try to do a representation of it here.

!_______!

This is in the middle of the screen.

The TV reacts to the the remote signal by flashing the little receiver light. It does the same when I manually try to change channels.

The local repair bloke has nothing to suggest. Does anyone out there have knowledge of this fault and a fix.

Advice to just throw it away will be accepted as logical advice.

Ta!
Alan

rrobor
Veteran

Mar 10, 2007, 7:35 AM

Post #2 of 5 (1014 views)
Shortcut
Re: [AlanThomson] Sharp SX66NF8 problem [In reply to] Can't Post

Looks odd but should be an easy fault to fix. The Chassis for this is GA-1 it uses IC850 (TDA6109JF) on CRT panel, that for some reason is wrong. Chances are that is all. It does have feed resistor R609 (5.6 ohms safety) feeding 200V, that can be an issue but I think you will find all your issues are on the tube base. I think its worth replacing the IC, cost is under $10

techchris
Veteran

Mar 10, 2007, 11:46 AM

Post #3 of 5 (1011 views)
Shortcut

you didnt say if you could hear the sound when you change channels.if it is not the crt base ic then I would guess the NVM chip is faulty,especially if there is no sound.

AlanThomson
New User

Mar 10, 2007, 1:00 PM

Post #4 of 5 (1009 views)
Shortcut
Re: [techchris] Sharp SX66NF8 problem [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks mate.
I just got back home so did not reply sooner.

There is no sound.

rrobor thanks for your info also I will take it to my repairman and see what he can do.

Alan

rrobor
Veteran

Mar 11, 2007, 5:13 AM

Post #5 of 5 (997 views)
Shortcut

No dont think there will be sound Chris. Did a Thomson with very similar. No video from jungle output, input correct and sound muted. Jungle was more than customer would pay and I had a spare video out chip but as voltages on it seemed ok I didnt expect much, I got a surprise. Sometimes it pays not to get too technical.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.12 s on (CGI/1.1)