Simple Audio Issue ??

RedTail
New User

May 28, 2007, 12:15 AM

Post #1 of 13 (1069 views)
Shortcut
Simple Audio Issue ?? Can't Post

Greetings,
Something very simple has turned into a issue. My father in law is hard of hearing. He got one of those headphones with a seperate audio control to turn it up for him but not blow his wife out the house with high audio on his set. This is a old standard Trinitron with no external audio out jacks except one set of RC (component) on the back. When I goto the audio menu on the TV ... The only way I could get the component jack on the back to work is to turn the speakers off .... then the audio option for fixed or variable came up. Yes the headphones worked but the normal speakers would not. Am I missing something here? I would think that the component audio jacks on the back of the TV should work whether the speakers are on or off? Im confused? Any help would be appreciated. P.S. I know that the tv is capable of Surround sound. This wont help him though. The only other option would be to somehow run seperate speakers to a end table
Thanks,
RedTail

rrobor
Veteran

May 28, 2007, 7:20 AM

Post #2 of 13 (1060 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RedTail] Simple Audio Issue ?? [In reply to] Can't Post

In the menu it has internal or external speakers if you chose internal, the set workes OK. Now the thing is simple, you can use a VCR to select channels and have it working through AV on the TV and select channels on the VCR. What you MUST NOT do is think about hooking up to the TV internal speakers. I have had arguments with customers as I cut this out of their TV. IF you hook up to the speakers, pops will have half mains pulsing between his ears. I would be charged with manslaughter if that broke down, as will you.

RedTail
New User

May 29, 2007, 12:02 AM

Post #3 of 13 (1050 views)
Shortcut
Re: [rrobor] Simple Audio Issue ?? [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank you for the reply. I did think about running the audio out of his DVD player. Problem with this is that the audio out on the DVD goes directly to the audio in component on the back of the TV?
Still missing someting here?
RedTail

rrobor
Veteran

May 29, 2007, 12:57 AM

Post #4 of 13 (1047 views)
Shortcut

There was a system of pickup from within the TV, I think from memory it was tuned to the sound carrier and all it needed was a small antenna hooked to the back of the TV, I think Sennheiser made the thing but I may be wrong. It from memory had the wow factor in all aspects including price. If the DVD has an inbuilt tuner then that would do, just split the output for sound 2 ways, there is an adaptor that does that.

RedTail
New User

May 30, 2007, 1:48 AM

Post #5 of 13 (1033 views)
Shortcut

Hey buddy,
I really appreciate your concern with this issue. We have a break down in communication. Can you speak a little clearer to me? Perhaps im just a idiot that cant understand you?
RedTail

RedTail
New User

May 30, 2007, 1:49 AM

Post #6 of 13 (1032 views)
Shortcut

PS .... ANYBODY ELSE THAT WOULD LIKE TO JOIN IN ON THIS ISSUE...PLEASE FEEL FREE...Im just having a hard time understaning this.

techchris
Veteran

May 30, 2007, 8:38 AM

Post #7 of 13 (1026 views)
Shortcut

why dont you just connect pops headphone unit to the left/right audio out sockets on the dvd or vcr or cable box,then as long as he is on the same channel as the tv you will all get the same sound.(only problem is if you are recording a different channel at the time)

RedTail
New User

May 30, 2007, 3:24 PM

Post #8 of 13 (1021 views)
Shortcut
Re: [techchris] Simple Audio Issue ?? [In reply to] Can't Post

I guess that will work....I assume that he would have to change his stations with the dvd player ... correct? Also as stated before...the DVD audio out goes direclty into the back of tv...would I just get a component splitter...send one the device and the other to the back of the tv?
RedTail

rrobor
Veteran

May 31, 2007, 7:01 AM

Post #9 of 13 (1011 views)
Shortcut

Mr redtail, life is about thinking, what do you want here? an answer as Buy X plug that in to Y then select Z. Thats not going to happen. You are trying to put together a setup that works out of units not designed for that. You are trying to do this at low cost. As such you have to use your brain and figure out compremises, life is not a hand out. Google can find things for you we are not google.

RedTail
New User

May 31, 2007, 2:38 PM

Post #10 of 13 (1008 views)
Shortcut

Wow...that seems a little harsh.
RedTail

rrobor
Veteran

Jun 1, 2007, 8:23 AM

Post #11 of 13 (999 views)
Shortcut

May be so but if you are puting something together should you not first try to understand it. To expect your hand held thoughout your life is a cop-out. To achieve by self, is magic. Learn, educate yourself and excell, and descover joy in your life. A user is user and knows it.

denonjapan
Veteran

Jun 1, 2007, 1:11 PM

Post #12 of 13 (994 views)
Shortcut

I am sorry to hear this from you but the audio out from your tv is fixed once the headphone input is on. It's not variable. Either your father in law's wife has better understanding with the situation or not. giving up the tv and get a new set....To be quite frankly, I don't understand any of the solutions given to you will do in that matter as well , and I don't blame you if none of them sinks in. cause truly. I don't. Why people can't just tell you same simple way YES or NO.

denonjapan
made in japan

rrobor
Veteran

Jun 2, 2007, 8:31 AM

Post #13 of 13 (989 views)
Shortcut

So there.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)