Sony 5 blinks

JHOLE
New User

Sep 2, 2006, 1:17 PM

Post #1 of 4 (1267 views)
Shortcut
Sony 5 blinks Can't Post

I have a Sony kv-36fs12.
It is not turning on and flashing 5 times (standby)
Before I get SM and dig in is there any general info that someone would be willing to share?
Thanks J.T.

mel
Veteran

Sep 2, 2006, 9:13 PM

Post #2 of 4 (1257 views)
Shortcut
Re: [JHOLE] Sony 5 blinks [In reply to] Can't Post

Five blinks indicates a problem with the video. Try turning up the screen voltage and if that doesn't solve the problem, you probably need professional help.

JHOLE
New User

Sep 2, 2006, 11:46 PM

Post #3 of 4 (1251 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mel] Sony 5 blinks [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for responding Mel, I appreciate your input.
I didn't know if this is something that sounds o.k. to look at, or sounded terminal.
I know in my line of work I come across customers who just chuck something in the trash when all it took was a tweak or cheap part and a little bit of time to fix. I don't want to be penny wise and pound foolish, but I also don't want to throw out an expensive unit if I can revive it with some spare time.
It doesn't sound to me like there is a lot of hope for my tweaking it from your response, which is o.k. I just don't want to be the dumbass who threw out a fixable unit. Should I assume that the five flash / video is rather advanced? Because at that point I will probably chuck the idea of looking into it and just replace /upgrade and throw it in the dumpster.
Thanks again, J.T.

mel
Veteran

Sep 3, 2006, 9:41 PM

Post #4 of 4 (1240 views)
Shortcut
Re: [JHOLE] Sony 5 blinks [In reply to] Can't Post

With a set that new, it is probably worth spending some time and money for repairs. Check out the site www.forum.eserviceinfo..com and download the training manual for sony chassis DTV-02. It is not the same as your chassis but will give you some ideas on how to proceed.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.12 s on (CGI/1.1)