Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Sony FWD-42PV1no picture

sfwjesse
New User

Oct 1, 2010, 9:52 PM

Post #1 of 2 (726 views)
Shortcut
Sony FWD-42PV1no picture Can't Post

TV is about 3 yrs old, maybe 2. Was on 5 days a week for about 8 hours......so for a plasma i guess that is pushing the limits...it was a monitor at my work place. It now clicks when you hit the power, and the LED goes green, but no picture. The LED will go red when you turn it off. I took some voltage readings based on the service manual below
http://www.scribd.com/.../Plasma-Fwd42pv1-p-A
Vs and Va on the G board are in spec. -Vy and Vsc on the Y sus also in spec.One thing i dont have is a signal generator. I am assuming this is something you plug in the DVI input. Are my voltage readings meaningless till i plug in the signal generator?
One other thing, i am getting no codes of the CTRL board, all 3 LEDS are green. I dont know what else to do, the service manual doesnt have anything else that matches my symptoms, and i need to figure out which board is bad.
Any input would be appreciated.

darstr
User

Oct 4, 2010, 4:34 PM

Post #2 of 2 (713 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sfwjesse] Sony FWD-42PV1no picture [In reply to] Can't Post

Crazy Take a good look at your upper and lower Y buffer boards on the left side of the set. Check the flat IC's very close for small burn marks or very tiny hole. If they look bad, replace the boards. If they look good, unplug the top one and remove from circuit and try to trun on the set. If you get half a picture, you know the board is bad. If not reconnect and do the same to the lower board and try again. If you get half a pic you know the bottom board is bad. You might also check the fuses on your sustain boards. Good luck to you

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.12 s on (CGI/1.1)