Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Sony KDL-46EX600 Logo displays then 6 red LED flashes

rellis
New User

Jul 5, 2024, 7:12 PM

Post #1 of 1 (386 views)
Shortcut
Sony KDL-46EX600 Logo displays then 6 red LED flashes Can't Post

Turned the TV on and heard a loud pop, much like when a fuse blows. Unplugged and retried. Now the TV comes on and will the display the Sony logo, go blank display again. It will do this three times and then shut off and flash the red standby light 6 times before repeating. I opened the TV up and looked the power supply over and didn't see any obvious culprits. Tested a few components like the board fuse, varistor, and the known fuseable resistor problem with Sonys. All tested OK. Backlight does come on and go off with the TV and the Sony logo are visible and I would say normally bright. Still thought it was a power supply board problem so I ordered one. Got it today and installed and nothing changed. I also tried grounding the backlight error wire to attempt to force the TV to stay on but again, nothing changed. I don't really know what to try from hear except throw a mainboard at it. I know the TV is old, but it was flawless in operation up unto this point. I hate throwing things out and would like to repair if possible. Any suggestions?

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.11 s on (CGI/1.1)