Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Sony KDS-R50XBR1

tsigwing
New User

Dec 31, 2008, 4:15 AM

Post #1 of 3 (1838 views)
Shortcut
Sony KDS-R50XBR1 Can't Post

This is my sister in laws tv, so bare with me. Set had been working fine, it was recently moved in a car on its back. The tv started acting very strange. Would take a LONG time to come on, several minutes. After working for a while, no buttons on the remote (or the side panel) would work at all, except the power button. Eventually it lost color, then all the video. She called (several repair folks) one said optical block, but they weren't an authorized Sony dealer, and since it was under warranty for the optical block, I told her to call Sony and get an authorized dealer out. The 2nd dealer ordered the block without seeing the tv and when the part finally came in, the tv turned on fine and everything worked. They seemed to think it was the lamp. I ordered a lamp and installed it and everything worked great. For about a day. Then back to the same routine, takes forever to come on and can't adjust anything (not even the volume). I checked out all of the cooling fans and they seem to work fine, but have no idea on what the problem is. At this point she bought a new tv and is ready to trash this 3 year old sony. Any ideas?

tsigwing
New User

Jan 2, 2009, 2:32 AM

Post #2 of 3 (1823 views)
Shortcut
Re: [tsigwing] Sony KDS-R50XBR1 [In reply to] Can't Post

Ok, so I took the set home, took the back cover off to verify that the fans are all working, had my son hook up his PS3 to the hdmi port and it has been working flawlessly for the last 2-3 hours. I'm thinking the fan may be weak (and I won't get it out of my son's hands without a fight).

tsigwing
New User

Jan 7, 2009, 2:02 AM

Post #3 of 3 (1796 views)
Shortcut
Re: [tsigwing] Sony KDS-R50XBR1 [In reply to] Can't Post

Well the saga continues. When I can get the set to turn on, it is black and white with no sound and no functioning remote (except the power button). Need help.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.12 s on (CGI/1.1)