Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Sony KP-41T65 problem....

neo24ny
New User

Sep 12, 2007, 6:20 AM

Post #1 of 3 (1588 views)
Shortcut
Sony KP-41T65 problem.... Can't Post

I have a 41" sony kp-41t65 and i believe i am having a convergence problem or something of the sort. My green projector is off, the green in the picture is bowed in the middle on the top and bottom, the picture was coming back in if i tapped on it lightly, now it is badly out of aligment and picture won't come back in. I've torn it apart and inspected all wiring and circuit boards, looked for solder breaks on the convergence IC's, i've heard that can be a problem sometimes and to check the fuses but i only see one fuse near the main power cord inlet. i am out of ideas, any help would be appreciated, i hate to throw it away. thanks in advance!!

techchris
Veteran

Sep 12, 2007, 7:23 AM

Post #2 of 3 (1581 views)
Shortcut
Re: [neo24ny] Sony KP-41T65 problem.... [In reply to] Can't Post

you need to resolder all pins on the convergence ic's if you have resoldered them and its not cured then change them.

neo24ny
New User

Sep 13, 2007, 10:39 AM

Post #3 of 3 (1572 views)
Shortcut
Re: [techchris] Sony KP-41T65 problem.... [In reply to] Can't Post

i found a solder joint that looked like it had a hairline crack, i resoldered it and the picture was alot better, now i am having slight issues with the blue, i think i can work it out by adjusting the convergence and going into the service mode. is there a way i can reset the tv to the factory settings? i heard you can do a hard reset by unplugging it for a few hours. thanks again for the help.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.12 s on (CGI/1.1)