Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Sony KP57WV700

jkraemer
New User

Jun 23, 2007, 4:03 AM

Post #1 of 5 (1607 views)
Shortcut
Sony KP57WV700 Can't Post

I having problemswith my Sony Projection tv. I'm starting to get Shadows on one side. I tried the convergence put does not let me adjust all the way. I have been told it could be the convergence amplifiers. Does anyone know where I can buys there and know the part numbers? <br> <br> <br>Thanks! <br>

(This post was edited by jkraemer on Jun 23, 2007, 4:10 PM)

jkraemer
New User

Jun 23, 2007, 4:31 PM

Post #2 of 5 (1598 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jkraemer] Sony KP57WV700 [In reply to] Can't Post

The problem I have just started. On the left hand side there is a blue shadow. I try the Auto Convergence but this did not help. I also try the manual Convergence but it does not let me move the blue cross far enough to merge with the white Cross. I’m thinking it’s the Convergence amp IC.

techchris
Veteran

Jun 23, 2007, 6:03 PM

Post #3 of 5 (1596 views)
Shortcut

change the ic's and check for any low value resistors nearby that may be open circuit. you should be ok as long as you have not tweaked too much in the convergence menu.

jkraemer
New User

Jun 23, 2007, 6:18 PM

Post #4 of 5 (1594 views)
Shortcut
Re: [techchris] Sony KP57WV700 [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for the reply. My main concern is the high voltage. Also is this a hard part to solder? Also is the IC chip located on the D board?

techchris
Veteran

Jun 24, 2007, 9:58 AM

Post #5 of 5 (1581 views)
Shortcut

look for 2 or 3 big ic's numbered STK.... mounted on heatsinks. you need to be good at soldering to chang them as there are many pins on each ic.the high voltage on projection tv's is not a problem,just watch out for the mains smoothing capacitor on the power supply if the ic's are nearby as this can hold a charge .

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.12 s on (CGI/1.1)