Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Sony KV-36FS10 Mainboard

mdnosliw
New User

Jul 17, 2006, 10:24 PM

Post #1 of 5 (1327 views)
Shortcut
Sony KV-36FS10 Mainboard Can't Post

I am looking for a replacement board for a KV36FS10 Sony Wega TV. The board that I need is the A-board PN A1298956A ,no longer available from Sony. The original board was damaged beyond repair while attempting to move the TV. This was a common problem with this model as the tv weighs 270lbs .
Any help appreciated as I am just about ready to haul the thing to the dump.

Mark

mel
Veteran

Jul 18, 2006, 9:15 PM

Post #2 of 5 (1319 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mdnosliw] Sony KV-36FS10 Mainboard [In reply to] Can't Post

If it was jolted hard enough to damage the PC board. It probably has a slipped shadow mask in the CRT.

mdnosliw
New User

Jul 18, 2006, 10:46 PM

Post #3 of 5 (1316 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mel] Sony KV-36FS10 Mainboard [In reply to] Can't Post

No I don't think it was jolted. The pc board is mounted flush on the bottom of the tv. When we picked it up we could not hold the weight and put it down half off the stand. This caused the bottom housing to flex and cracked the board. This is a common problem with this tv, I am not the first one to have this problem
Even though I am reasonably talented when it comes to soldering there are just too many broken traces that are too close together.
I gave the TV to a friends girlfriend and went to quite a lot of effort to get it to her apartment. If it was not for the fact that it will be a major effort to get it out of her apartment, I would have dumped it a month ago.

Thanks for the advise.

Mark

mel
Veteran

Jul 19, 2006, 11:22 PM

Post #4 of 5 (1308 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mdnosliw] Sony KV-36FS10 Mainboard [In reply to] Can't Post

try www.wehaveparts.com. They have it listed for $200.

mdnosliw
New User

Jul 20, 2006, 3:50 PM

Post #5 of 5 (1305 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mel] Sony KV-36FS10 Mainboard [In reply to] Can't Post

Nope, they don't have one. Repair only and they will not work with a cracked board. It's frustrating that quite a few places have them listed and will take the order, but then can't deliver.

Thanks
Mark

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.12 s on (CGI/1.1)