Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Sony KV27TS29 Eeprom

GuitarManSG
New User

Apr 6, 2006, 3:10 AM

Post #1 of 5 (1006 views)
Shortcut
Sony KV27TS29 Eeprom Can't Post

Hello, Heres whats basically happening, TV turns on but all OSD controls are set to the far right (Wide Open) I adjust everything to get a normal picture , I turn off the set and turn it back on, everything is back to the far right!!! I replaced the eeprom and still the same ... It wont store customer settings... If anyone in the forum has a schematic for this set , I need the pinouts and voltages on each pin of the eeprom.... Any help would be greatly appreciated, in the feild we call this one a "DOG"

Thanks , GuitarManSG

rrobor
Veteran

Apr 6, 2006, 10:31 AM

Post #2 of 5 (993 views)
Shortcut
Re: [GuitarManSG] Sony KV27TS29 Eeprom [In reply to] Can't Post

Yours I think is an AA1 I have a faultt with an AE1 which is a small white choke close to the flyback, its about a cm long a cm high and half a cm wide it goes open. This thing must be correct so dont bridge it or you will get smoke, take it out and you find wax and with care you can fix it. It feeds a 36V zener so if the end reads short check that as well.

GuitarManSG
New User

Apr 6, 2006, 2:09 PM

Post #3 of 5 (988 views)
Shortcut
Re: [rrobor] Sony KV27TS29 Eeprom [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi, Thanks for your post, Im not finding any chokes near the flyback except for one and its labeled test point 1000V, obviously thats not the one, is the choke an upright coil of wire "Reddish" in color? Do you have a location # for instance L###? Thanks GuitarManSG

GuitarManSG
New User

Apr 6, 2006, 8:15 PM

Post #4 of 5 (980 views)
Shortcut

Duh , you said a white choke, sorry, Im not seeing a small white choke anywhere in the set period.....thanks for your help anyway...

GuitarManSG

(This post was edited by GuitarManSG on Apr 6, 2006, 8:17 PM)

GuitarManSG
New User

Apr 6, 2006, 8:20 PM

Post #5 of 5 (977 views)
Shortcut

Funny thing though, I can set pix preferences , sound preferences et... then unplug the set , and plug it back in later and all the preferences are still where I left them, weird huh? But if I turn off the power at the switch

all preferences are reset back to "Wide" open..... Sonys are so freakin weird, I think Ill quit working on Sony altogather.....Freakin Peices of Shit

Sorry Just frustrated, GuitarManSG

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.12 s on (CGI/1.1)