Sony Kv28FX65

phantomrip
New User

May 19, 2009, 5:58 PM

Post #1 of 4 (860 views)
Shortcut
Sony Kv28FX65 Can't Post

Hi,
quite an old tv this but the picture is great and i dont really want to give up on her just yet.
The problem has occurred recently and is intermittant,on the back of the set i have 3 scart leads plugged in,one for virgin digital tv,one for wii and one for a freeview box which has a hard drive and is only used for recording programs,
the problem is as follows if i am playing on the wii the tv will automatically switch to one of the other av channels and then back to the original av channel,it may do this just the once,then again it may continue to do it for a while,the problem is not just when playing the wii,i can be watching sky sports via my virgin box and the tv will change av channels to the freeview box ect ect
I have tried disconnecting each of the av channels and just having the one connected for the equpment in use but the tv still intermittantly flicks around between av channels.
I have checked all the scart leads are correctly connected,i have checked the av settings in the tv menu,
Any advise appreciated.
regards Dave

Paulpablo
Enthusiast

May 20, 2009, 1:02 AM

Post #2 of 4 (849 views)
Shortcut
Re: [phantomrip] Sony Kv28FX65 [In reply to] Can't Post

Sounds to me like you have too much crap loadind down an old TV!

jts1957
Veteran

May 20, 2009, 1:10 AM

Post #3 of 4 (847 views)
Shortcut

Does the set still do it with NO scart leads plugged in?

-------------------------

rrobor
Veteran

May 20, 2009, 5:04 AM

Post #4 of 4 (843 views)
Shortcut

Sony is famed for dry joints on plugs and sockets. That board is probably a plug in board and with all the plugging amd unplugging its quite likely to to have loosened the solder.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.12 s on (CGI/1.1)