Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Sony Tconn

shanetill254
New User

Mar 19, 2013, 6:22 PM

Post #1 of 4 (1027 views)
Shortcut
Sony Tconn Can't Post

I have a sony kdl-32m3000 with sound but not picture so with further testing I replaced the tconn board and whola it worked .....well kinda . The picture came back but it was kinda tinted blueish green with some blue lines . when nothing is plugged to the inputs the screen is split vertically half blue half black. Question is did I get a bad tconn board or is it more likely that another component failed at the same time . When I was testing the fusees on the original tconn board were fried thus reason for the replacement.

board repairs
User

Mar 19, 2013, 11:06 PM

Post #2 of 4 (1013 views)
Shortcut
Re: [shanetill254] Sony Tconn [In reply to] Can't Post

Check to make sure you seated the cables good 1st . Especially on the side your having a problem with . 2nd did you try to replace the fuse in your old T-Con board ? Sometimes that is all you have to do . I only know of 1 fuse on that board . And if you replace that fuse & install & have the same problem , the panel or cable from digital main to T-con could be suspect . But you could have had a bad panel which caused the fuse to blow on the original T-Con board .
Good Luck .

shanetill254
New User

Mar 20, 2013, 12:00 AM

Post #3 of 4 (1009 views)
Shortcut
Re: [board repairs] Sony Tconn [In reply to] Can't Post

The fuse was blown on the original tconn board and I did replace it with no change . I had absolutely no picture not even the menu showed, but it had back light.
After replacing the tconn with another I ordered off ebay I have picture it just has discoloration that was why I was figuring that I had received a bad tconn board

board repairs
User

Mar 20, 2013, 5:45 PM

Post #4 of 4 (1000 views)
Shortcut
Re: [shanetill254] Sony Tconn [In reply to] Can't Post

It is possible that you got a bad one . See if can send it back for another one . The one thing about Ebay is most parts sold almost always have the phrase " pulled from a tv with a cracked screen " . Or my favorite " fully tested " . I always send a message to the seller , " so you put this part in a tv and the picture and sound was fine " ? They reply most times " it just had a cracked screen " , then my reply was " so how is it fully tested " ? Anyway if you receive another T-con & have the same picture problem a bad panel ( most likely )or LDVS cable could be another possibility . Just a guess ! Good luck on your repair wish i help you more .

(This post was edited by board repairs on Mar 20, 2013, 5:49 PM)

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.12 s on (CGI/1.1)