Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Sony Trinitron KV-32S22

PaulH
New User

Sep 18, 2005, 12:08 AM

Post #1 of 6 (3134 views)
Shortcut
Sony Trinitron KV-32S22 Can't Post

Mine was mfg in 1997 and just failed (2005). First symptom was picture going black, but audio was OK. Turned off for a minute, then back on and worked OK for a few minutes. Repeated the above with same results. Repeated the above again, and it worked fine for several hours, then bedtime. Next day set worked fine for about 90 minutes, then tube went black AND audio gone. Now completely dead. Prognosis anyone?

Wiz
User

Sep 18, 2005, 2:22 PM

Post #2 of 6 (3126 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PaulH] Sony Trinitron KV-32S22 [In reply to] Can't Post

As a sony, it is likely that it is dry joints. Other than that, does any power lights etc turn on, if not check the transistors (Line and Chopper) If line has gone, could well have brought down the chopper, hence no picture to start with, then no sound/anything else.

Ambienz
New User

Sep 23, 2005, 8:43 PM

Post #3 of 6 (3087 views)
Shortcut
Re: [TheOW] Sony Trinitron KV-32S22 [In reply to] Can't Post

So does this mean the TV is a dead duck or can it be fixed relatively easily / cheaply.

I have the same problem with a Sony....

ta

Wiz
User

Sep 23, 2005, 10:20 PM

Post #4 of 6 (3082 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Ambienz] Sony Trinitron KV-32S22 [In reply to] Can't Post

Means cheap and easy fix if just solder, if transistors, a few quid.

Open up teh TV, and look on the solder side of the circuit board, being careful not to get a shock (many things in the TV store charge). Look at the solder joints, there will be some that look like they have a ring around them. add new solder to these and then check to see if it has worked. It is also quite likely that the Line transistor has gone. if you have access to a multimeter, check to see if pins are shorting (base should short to collector and emmitter one way round, and be open circuit the other way round.)

Oliver

Ambienz
New User

Sep 24, 2005, 1:00 PM

Post #5 of 6 (3069 views)
Shortcut
Re: [TheOW] Sony Trinitron KV-32S22 [In reply to] Can't Post

Hey Oliver

Perhaps I should I have been a little more specific with the problem at present.

The TV currently does have power and waits in standby mode with the "standby" light on.

When I switch it on there is the sound of firing up of the guns and some random white streaks / spots hit the screen but thats it. It does not actually "turn on" in any sense of the word but instead goes back into standby mode.

Is this the same problem / solution?

Thanks a lot for your help!

David

rrobor
Veteran

Sep 26, 2005, 12:17 PM

Post #6 of 6 (3052 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Ambienz] Sony Trinitron KV-32S22 [In reply to] Can't Post

Not an easy fault to diagnose, Sony does suffer from poor solder and it could be one of the panels is not making so you are getting a variety of faults. But with this set Im sorry you will not get a defined answer.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.13 s on (CGI/1.1)