Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Splitting Composite Wires?

glkjap
New User

May 30, 2007, 9:05 PM

Post #1 of 6 (731 views)
Shortcut
Splitting Composite Wires? Can't Post

I have a problem. I recently got a slingbox(http://www.slingmedia.com/) and it comes with some composite wires (video and two audio for connecting to my digital cable box. However, my digital cable box only has room for one set of composite wires and currently, those are connected to my tv directly. So I have two sets of composite wires that need to connect to my digital cable box and only one set of composite holes on the box. Is there a way to merge the two sets of wires or something? Thanks.

rrobor
Veteran

May 31, 2007, 12:13 AM

Post #2 of 6 (717 views)
Shortcut
Re: [glkjap] Splitting Composite Wires? [In reply to] Can't Post

http://www.t-nb.com/...041-rca-doubler.html is that what you are after.

mikemaiertv
Enthusiast

May 31, 2007, 8:40 PM

Post #3 of 6 (708 views)
Shortcut
Re: [rrobor] Splitting Composite Wires? [In reply to] Can't Post

That plug is a bad bad idea, not only will you loose signal streghth but you now supply power to a normaly unpowered device, run to Radio Shack and get a switcher
Mike Owens Owner Competition TV Spokane WA.

rrobor
Veteran

Jun 1, 2007, 8:41 AM

Post #4 of 6 (698 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mikemaiertv] Splitting Composite Wires? [In reply to] Can't Post

How can he use a switch box. He wants to transfer from his set top box to TV and slinger at the same time a switcher would switch one or tother. Also from his set top box where is the power, Its AV, you can short that out and no bangs, set top boxes are designed on Murphies law, if you can stuff up it will happen. That I think this is optimum, no I dont, I think it will work at minimal cost. If you were to do a correctly engineered unit you would use a splitter amp and have one input and 2 outs. To do that you need a supply and so it goes on, costs mount. If he tries my way he may lose a few DBs but how many has he to play with. Get a switcher and he will be at your throat.

mikemaiertv
Enthusiast

Jun 1, 2007, 7:50 PM

Post #5 of 6 (688 views)
Shortcut
Re: [rrobor] Splitting Composite Wires? [In reply to] Can't Post

Opp you are correct sir, guess if we bitch all the time to give us make and model numbers the least I could do is read the question, the simple splitter will work in this aplication
Mike Owens Owner Competition TV Spokane WA.

rrobor
Veteran

Jun 2, 2007, 8:19 AM

Post #6 of 6 (679 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mikemaiertv] Splitting Composite Wires? [In reply to] Can't Post

Mike it was never an issue, we all do the odd oops

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.12 s on (CGI/1.1)