Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Switzerland Connectors

relativistic
New User

Apr 8, 2007, 6:18 PM

Post #1 of 5 (787 views)
Shortcut
Switzerland Connectors Can't Post

Okay, I didn't know which forum to post this in here. Didn't seem to fit any of the categories.

I'm going to be spending some time in Switzerland this summer. I'd like to bring my US Wii along, but I don't know if it can connect to the tvs there. Does anyone know if they have a different connection standard over there? If so, is there anywhere I can buy an adapter?

Thanks.

rrobor
Veteran

Apr 8, 2007, 11:16 PM

Post #2 of 5 (778 views)
Shortcut
Re: [relativistic] Switzerland Connectors [In reply to] Can't Post

Leave it at home, most TVs there wont work as they use the Pal system and you have NTSC, sync is 50Hz vertical, you are 60, horizontal 15625 not sure but think yours is different mains voltage is 240V you are 110V. Switzerland has many wonders, you wont need a toy there .

relativistic
New User

Apr 8, 2007, 11:23 PM

Post #3 of 5 (777 views)
Shortcut
Re: [rrobor] Switzerland Connectors [In reply to] Can't Post

But I like my Wii :-(. Oh well, thanks for the info.

Didn't notice that the power supply for the Wii was so specific before. When I was there last year, most power supplies seemed to take in both voltages. I just assumed it'd be the same way. Huh, that's annoying.

You're right, its a good place. If I were vacationing, I wouldn't even dream of bringing my "toy". But I'm working at CERN for three months. It'd be nice to come home at night to relax with some Wii sports or Paper Mario at night. Oh well. Thanks.

relativistic
New User

Apr 9, 2007, 10:13 PM

Post #4 of 5 (770 views)
Shortcut

Okay, now I'm confused. This forum thread:

http://www.englishforum.ch/tv-internet-telephone/2680-can-i-use-us-wii-here.html

Says, with a power adapter, I should be able to use the Wii with most tvs there. Now I don't know if I should pack it or not. Not that its that huge, but I'd still rather not take it if I can't use it.

rrobor
Veteran

Apr 10, 2007, 4:45 AM

Post #5 of 5 (768 views)
Shortcut

Ok do yourself a favour go around your US shops and ask if they can sell you a TV that will accept the Pal colour system and European sync IE 50HZ vertical 15625 horizontal to use the European game on. That way you will find out in reverse and prove it to yourself, Finding a power adaptor to cut 240 to 110V would be a good few dollars but would be reasonably simple, that was never a huge issue.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.12 s on (CGI/1.1)