Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
TV Hz

tynant
New User

May 19, 2008, 9:18 PM

Post #1 of 7 (1066 views)
Shortcut
TV Hz Can't Post

I am moving to the Uk from the US. I would like to take my TV with me as it is relatively new. Will my 60Hz TV work at 50Hz?

ernie
User

May 19, 2008, 10:18 PM

Post #2 of 7 (1062 views)
Shortcut
Re: [tynant] TV Hz [In reply to] Can't Post

i believe the voltage is different in america are you 120volts why we are 240 volts

tynant
New User

May 20, 2008, 3:32 AM

Post #3 of 7 (1059 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ernie] TV Hz [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes, the voltage is wrong but I can transform ($80), the signal is wrong but I can convert ($140), however I still have this Hz problem?

techchris
Veteran

May 20, 2008, 5:44 PM

Post #4 of 7 (1050 views)
Shortcut

if you have a cheap tv then sell it and buy a cheap one here in UK. if its a panasonic or sony it may just be worth converting

tynant
New User

May 20, 2008, 6:00 PM

Post #5 of 7 (1048 views)
Shortcut
Re: [techchris] TV Hz [In reply to] Can't Post

It is a Sony Wega HDTV KV-36HS420, 3 years old. If I went to sell, any idea on how much it might be worth?

Any ideas on the Hz? Reduced Hz. will normally make motors run slower, but have no idea on the effect on electronics!

dakota
New User

May 22, 2008, 5:53 PM

Post #6 of 7 (1033 views)
Shortcut

Someone tell him it costs to get an operating permit in the UK. I hear it can be quite expensive.
fixyourowntv.com

rrobor
Veteran

May 23, 2008, 9:29 AM

Post #7 of 7 (1024 views)
Shortcut

Do not take the TV. US tend to make a US only TV which is 110V NTSC. If you can not convert that to PAL and I believe UK sound is D then you have al sorts of issues. Your TV is 3 years old just about time for some repairs and there are no parts or service info for that in UK so no repairer wants to know. the 60 to 50Hz thing is not usually an issue. I converted a US LCD, we found a tuner in the UK for and from memory about 50 pounds, it worked but the guy got a digtal set top box which could have an NTSC output and used that. He still has the issue of spare parts to face.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.12 s on (CGI/1.1)