TV Screen Blinking

spr
New User

Dec 27, 2006, 8:04 PM

Post #1 of 3 (1139 views)
Shortcut
TV Screen Blinking Can't Post

Hello,

I have a Panosonic television that has the following issues.
When the screen has a white background, or even a lighter colour background, the screen flashes, as if it is almost turning itself off but then flicks back on. You know when your screen turns off and you get that flash, then little dot then dark? Well this one does the flash, the screen collapses to a dot then flashes back on. It will doe this for several seconds ( flashes about twice per second) then settles back to normal. Sometimes happen when there is graffics, like words overlaid on the screen. Does not happen during say a hockey game, but for light coloured commercials or similar. Can't get my head around what triggers it, but it is frustrating. It almost seems like a power suppy issue, except for the connection to lighter screen or overlain graffics.
Could it be the tube is shot ??
Thanks
SPR

techchris
Veteran

Dec 28, 2006, 12:11 AM

Post #2 of 3 (1126 views)
Shortcut
Re: [spr] TV Screen Blinking [In reply to] Can't Post

may be a tube fault or beam current limiter fault.without a model number we are in the dark.

spr
New User

Dec 28, 2006, 12:28 AM

Post #3 of 3 (1124 views)
Shortcut
Re: [techchris] TV Screen Blinking [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks. I was at work when I asked teh question and came home to get the model and Chasis number.
Turns out that the TV with the problem is a Sanyo... ( panasonic is kids tv)

So problem is with Sanyo
Model AVM 285 1 U
Chasis G38 285 1UO
Hope you can help. If it is either of the issues you noted, can it be repaired easily or should I just scrap it?

Thanks SPR

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.12 s on (CGI/1.1)