Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
TV TO BRIGHT

perrier52
New User

Nov 22, 2006, 10:20 PM

Post #1 of 3 (982 views)
Shortcut
TV TO BRIGHT Can't Post

Does any one know where the master brightness is?I had the TV worked on and it came back to bright, and thats with the brightness vie the remote all the way down.I have a service manual but it does not show any master brightness adjustment.The TV is a SONY KP53V15.
Thanks,perrier52

(This post was edited by perrier52 on Nov 23, 2006, 12:08 AM)

MOtvGuy
User

Nov 23, 2006, 4:19 AM

Post #2 of 3 (970 views)
Shortcut
Re: [perrier52] TV TO BRIGHT [In reply to] Can't Post

It's possible, depending on what they did to the set, that the Screen controls on the 3 crts are turned up to high. Those are usually mounted on a control block accessible by taking the front speaker cover off the set. They're usually behind an access panel. There's also a brightness range adjustment in the service menu. If you just got it back I would advise calling the service company and having them come out and adjust that for you. That should be under their repair warranty.

(This post was edited by MOtvGuy on Nov 23, 2006, 4:20 AM)

perrier52
New User

Nov 23, 2006, 8:11 PM

Post #3 of 3 (956 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MOtvGuy] TV TO BRIGHT [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for the response, I tried adjusting the brightness in the service and it did not do anything.The controls you are talking about are on the focus block,there are 6 controls 3 say SCREEN and 3 say FOCUS, I presume you mean to adjust the screen controls.Thanks again MOtvGuy.
perrier52

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.12 s on (CGI/1.1)