Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
TV and VCR

Jenny
New User

Sep 13, 2008, 10:34 PM

Post #1 of 3 (938 views)
Shortcut
TV and VCR Can't Post

I have an old TV set that's hooked up to an almost as old VCR. I recently had my cable disconnected. Now I can get two US stations through the VCR, and one Canadian station - Channel 2, through the TV.
How do I get Channel 2 to come through the VCR?
The reason I want to do this is because I have a remote for the VCR, but not for the TV. And I like to prerecord programs, so I can zap out the commercials.
Can anyone help?

Thanks

Repair man
Enthusiast

Sep 15, 2008, 2:30 AM

Post #2 of 3 (921 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Jenny] TV and VCR [In reply to] Can't Post

Somewhere in the menu of your VCR there will be a setting for 'Cable' or 'Air' (or 'Cable' or 'Antenna'), find this setting and switch it to 'Air' (or 'Antenna'). This will set the tuner of your VCR to receive Antenna signals instead of cable signals. Also where the cable connects to your VCR, be sure to connect an antenna of some kind such as rabbit ears or outdoor antenna, this will get you more channels -- Dan

You say you have your cable disconnected, here are a few places on the internet to whatch TV programs and movies Click Here
... If you like movies here is a site you can legally download movies for free (there is a small one-time membership fee) Click Here

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you (or anyone reading this post) have any further questions or need clarification please feel free to contact me direct; you can find my email address by clicking on my user-name.

Learn Plasma TV Repair

Jenny
New User

Sep 15, 2008, 10:27 PM

Post #3 of 3 (910 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Repair man] TV and VCR [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks, I'll try that. Laugh

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.12 s on (CGI/1.1)