Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
TV question......

cableguy
New User

Sep 16, 2005, 1:39 PM

Post #1 of 3 (1237 views)
Shortcut
TV question...... Can't Post

Hi, I'm new to this forum and just want to say hi.

I want to ask a question about placing a tv near an airconditioner, or running a vacum when the tv is on, is this bad for the tv?

I notice when i turn on the vacum cleaner that the picture will jump for a second, can this cause damage to the tv over a long period of time?? The same thing happens every once and a while, but not that often, when the air conditioner is running and changes speeds.

I heard somewhere before that a tv, my set is a 5 tear old sanyo, have a magnet in them that causes this, unlike my computer monitor which doesn't flinch from the vacum or the airconditioner.

I would appreciate anyones imput, i will have more questions later concerning the new models of tv's, such as the plasma and projectors, which I'm thinking of getting soon.

Thanks and Take care.

mel
Veteran

Sep 16, 2005, 10:04 PM

Post #2 of 3 (1222 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cableguy] TV question...... [In reply to] Can't Post

Turning on any heavy duty appliance can cause a momontary power drain. TVs have a built in voltage regulator circuit to compensate for this but some fluctuations may be normal. Tvs do not have a "magnet" in them.

cableguy
New User

Sep 16, 2005, 10:36 PM

Post #3 of 3 (1218 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mel] TV question...... [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for the info, i didn't know that. I also have a surge protecter, but i guess what i was worried about is really nothing, thanks.

Another thing I was wondering about was ghosting?? I see ghosting from left to right when I play DVD's or xbox games on my Tv, during regular play, just watching digital cable, there is no ghosting present. I was wondering if there is something that can be done to fix this??

Thanks again for the info.

Take care.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.12 s on (CGI/1.1)