Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
TV screen ratio

lindencot
New User

Oct 16, 2009, 4:16 PM

Post #1 of 4 (621 views)
Shortcut
TV screen ratio Can't Post

I have a Visitron LCD tv which I use for club information. I was using a Proline (Comet) dvd player to show info. using a dvd r/w disc. There was no trouble with the tv displaying a 16x9 ratio picture.however the proline packed up after 18 months so I changed to a Sony dvd player. the tv now shows a 4x3 display, when I change the tv setting to 16x9 it is ok but when switching tv off and then on again the picture has defaulted back to 4x3. I have tried the Sony dvd player on my home Samsung lcd tv, all ok the screen shows a 16x9 picture whithout any adjustments to it. Any help would be appreciated.

techchris
Veteran

Oct 16, 2009, 4:45 PM

Post #2 of 4 (618 views)
Shortcut
Re: [lindencot] TV screen ratio [In reply to] Can't Post

look in the menu of the sony and set the default output to 16:9. it may be set to 4:3 which the samsung stretches but the other cheap tv is unable to.

lindencot
New User

Oct 16, 2009, 8:17 PM

Post #3 of 4 (615 views)
Shortcut
Re: [techchris] TV screen ratio [In reply to] Can't Post

thanks Chris but I have already checked that, seems strange that the tv 16x9 setting always defaults to 4x3 when switched off, the only way out of it is to leave both running during the night but h&safety might not be happy about that. Cannot understand why the Proline player did not give a problem, is it because the Sony is not "talking" to the tv.

techchris
Veteran

Oct 17, 2009, 9:27 AM

Post #4 of 4 (606 views)
Shortcut
Re: [lindencot] TV screen ratio [In reply to] Can't Post

does the tv default back to 4:3 if the sony is kept switched off when you put the tv on?if it stays on 16:9 then we can assume the memory on the tv is ok so, let the tv come on and then switch on the sony to see if it changes the ratio on the tv once the DVD has come on.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.12 s on (CGI/1.1)