Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Teac CT-M685

keithcarrier
New User

Dec 22, 2005, 8:21 AM

Post #1 of 2 (1286 views)
Shortcut
Teac CT-M685 Can't Post

The television had a completely blown capacitor (1600v, 4700pf) next to C414 - another words the pcb was burnt pretty good. The rectifier diode at D402 (which is next to the capacitor) was also shorted and replaced.

The transformer is making a buzzing noise (like a short circuit) and the transistor at Q909 is faulty at CE, however, when I take the transistor out it appears to be fine. The television has no picture.

I do not have a spare transformer and do not wish to replace it unless I have to. All the capapcitors in the surrounding area appear to be good whilst using an ESR meter and the capacitor in board.

If anyone has an opinion and possible test procedure that I should follow to solve this problem it would be great.

rrobor
Veteran

Dec 22, 2005, 12:09 PM

Post #2 of 2 (1277 views)
Shortcut
Re: [keithcarrier] Teac CT-M685 [In reply to] Can't Post

I assume you have replaced the supply capacitors as those cause the faults. The flyback transformer is not common in that model but leaking capacitors are, so check all the tuning capacitors carefully. These are C410 c412 c430. Check C926 if the plastic has shrunk replace it along with C908 and C910, these two are a must. If D402 was short that will kill the east west and you need to check Q402, Q405 and replace C419 (4.7uF100V) note this can be a tough capacitor, its high current and often standard types dont work or blow up, I tend to use non electrolytics here.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.12 s on (CGI/1.1)