Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Techwood 28RF1

keef_uk
New User

Jun 29, 2008, 9:32 AM

Post #1 of 7 (1070 views)
Shortcut
Techwood 28RF1 Can't Post

This is my firat post on this forum so let me start by saying hello to everyone. Smile

I have the above CRT which has lost its picture - sound is fine and changing channel sounds like its working just no picture.

It started with the picture dropping down the screen leaving the thick line runing accross the top. I looked like the horizonital hold had failed but I am a compete novice I dont understand the first thing about elecronics.

Now the picture has completely vanished and I was wondering if anyone has any ideas what may have caused this and if its something I can repair at home by replacing some compoments on the circuit board?

As stated above I am a complete novice and never taken the back of a TV or done any soldering but Im happy to give it a try and learn new skills if someone can help me.

Cheers
Keith

ernie
User

Jun 29, 2008, 11:21 AM

Post #2 of 7 (1067 views)
Shortcut
Re: [keef_uk] Techwood 28RF1 [In reply to] Can't Post

sounds like ic600 which is (stv9379fa)and possibly r611(2.2ohm)the ic is feild output and can be found on a metal heatsink near the loptx which is a big black thing on the back of your circuit board,on the right hand side as you look at it from the back

keef_uk
New User

Jun 29, 2008, 7:52 PM

Post #3 of 7 (1060 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ernie] Techwood 28RF1 [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Ernie,

Thanks for your reply - So basically I might be able to fix it by replacing some parts on the circuit board? if I post a pic of the circuit board think maybe can point out the area?

Cheers

ernie
User

Jun 29, 2008, 9:54 PM

Post #4 of 7 (1058 views)
Shortcut

if you look on the circuit board you will see these numbers on it (ic600 etc)the ic stands up on the heat sink(metal)and has 5 or 7 staggered legs(not sure now)cant miss it as it is black and is held against the heat sink with a metal clip

keef_uk
New User

Jun 30, 2008, 6:20 AM

Post #5 of 7 (1054 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ernie] Techwood 28RF1 [In reply to] Can't Post

OK thanks - so you think that these components need replacing? Ill see if I can pick up those bits and replace them.

ernie
User

Jun 30, 2008, 8:29 AM

Post #6 of 7 (1050 views)
Shortcut

more then likely will be those bits as it sounds like you have a frame collapse,you can check if you have ht first,you will hear the ht russle up when you first put the tv on if not put the back of your hand near the front of the screen and you will feel the static on it.if you have ht then it will be a frame collapse.

rrobor
Veteran

Jun 30, 2008, 8:31 AM

Post #7 of 7 (1050 views)
Shortcut

I am a TV tech, I have never seen your model in my life but can tell you your replies are spot on with the exception I would replace the electrolytics around it. So why do I post, Well my hobby is building furniture from hardwood, I search the web or clues as to this and that, but I dont ask for my bum to be wiped. If you are prepaired to replace an IC, you have to have a method and tools, The IC is numbered, the guy gave you the near location. If you have not the engineering skills to work from there this job is not for you. You must chose, you have the clues, you have the internet, have you the skills required to fix your TV. My son is a banker, I would not trust him to blow up the tyre on my wheelbarrow, so its not an issue of being superior, we all have differing skills.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.12 s on (CGI/1.1)