Television Picture Disappears

Nicmos
New User

Apr 30, 2012, 12:27 PM

Post #1 of 7 (2084 views)
Shortcut
Television Picture Disappears Can't Post

Hi all,

We have a 32" LCD TV maker is LG model 32LC2D that is giving us grief and I don't know if we should repair it or get a new one.

Here's the deal. We used to turn it on and the power light would flash once and the picture would appear. Now when I power it up the light flashes about 16 times and it takes anywhere from 5 to 15 mins. for the picture to come on.

It will then work fine for about 30 mins. and then the picture disappears (but the screen is still lit up) after which none of the buttons on remote do anything and the various buttons on the TV itself do not work except the power (and you have to hold that down continually to power off).

We then power it off for about half an hour to one hour and we should get the picture back for another 30 mins. or so.

Should I be shopping for a new television?

Thanks in advance....

alanretel
New User

Apr 30, 2012, 7:14 PM

Post #2 of 7 (2074 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Nicmos] Television Picture Disappears [In reply to] Can't Post

I suggest you to search a tech that can valorate the trouble. Maybe your TV has a problem with the horizontal output but I'm not really sure. I consider you must look for professional opinion. I would recommend you a good tech but he works in Jacksonville FL www.tvrepairjacksonvillefl.com but you should search near your zone.

Ron.M
Veteran

Apr 30, 2012, 7:41 PM

Post #3 of 7 (2070 views)
Shortcut
Re: [alanretel] Television Picture Disappears [In reply to] Can't Post

alanretel;.....

You posted 4 times here & EACH time you said :=>...

I consider you must look for professional opinion.

Or words to that effect...
THIS forum HAS PROFESSIONAL Techs HERE !!!!
We ARE FREE !!!!
Your spelling needs "professional" help !!!
WHAT does "valorate" mean ???

99.999999% of the people who come here get the help they need...
You are contributing ZERO , NOTHING , NADA , ZILCH , to this forum when in EVERY post you tell people to call a TV shop !!!!
You do NOT have any apparent TV training OR background to give advice on TV repairs...
So better to keep mouth SHUT & be thought of as STUPID , rather than open it & remove ALL doubt !!!

IF you continue to spam posts promoting a website for your TV company in Jacksonville , I WILL recommend you for banishment.....

Your call ....

Later...Ron.M....Cool....
Veteran & Retired TV technician

Nicmos
New User

Apr 30, 2012, 8:19 PM

Post #4 of 7 (2067 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Ron.M] Television Picture Disappears [In reply to] Can't Post

Nice to see someone is watching our backs.

mel
Veteran

Apr 30, 2012, 9:43 PM

Post #5 of 7 (2060 views)
Shortcut

alanretel
I think that the electrolysis evaporated out of his capacitator causing the convexor to imlode. Changing the calibrator board should fix the problem. Makes about as much sense as you answer. Unsure

mel
Veteran

Apr 30, 2012, 10:26 PM

Post #6 of 7 (2055 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Nicmos] Television Picture Disappears [In reply to] Can't Post

If you fix it yourself, you will probably need to change the main board which will run about $200 plus shipping. Balance that against the cost of a new set and make your decision based upon that.

darstr
User

May 2, 2012, 4:36 PM

Post #7 of 7 (2034 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
I suggest you to search a tech that can valorate the trouble. Maybe your TV has a problem with the horizontal output but I'm not really sure. I consider you must look for professional opinion. I would recommend you a good tech but he works in Jacksonville FL www.tvrepairjacksonvillefl.com but you should search near your zone.

Last I checked, an LCD Television did not have a horizontal output. Wow. But as Mel said, probably your main board, since the controls also freeze up on you. Small chance that it could be bad caps in your power supply.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)