Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Toshiba 26HF14

HKz
New User

Jul 12, 2007, 3:16 AM

Post #1 of 2 (902 views)
Shortcut
Toshiba 26HF14 Can't Post

How's it going? I joined this forum because I just had a new TV break down on me. It is refurbished. I ordered it about 6 months ago, sometime in January. Everything worked perfectly. except for the sound, but I didn't care because I had my surround sound hooked up. The problem started just a few days ago. After I got up and ate breakfast I went upstairs to watch some TV and when I turned it on nothing happened. I tried it again...same thing. I checked all the connections, everything was plugged in. I even disconnected everything and reconnected it all, still nothing. By nothing I mean when I press the power button I hear a quick that high sound, like all TVs make when turned on. I also don't get any picture what so ever, no fuzz, just black. So I give it a day to see what happens next. I turn it on the next morning and the TV starts to make a sound as if there was a cicada or a locust inside the TV. After the sound stopped I start to smell a burning smell. I have no idea what the problem could be and I am hoping someone here can tell me. Or give me an idea of what it could be. Thanks in advance. <br> <br>-HK <br>

(This post was edited by HKz on Jul 12, 2007, 3:20 AM)

MOtvGuy
User

Jul 14, 2007, 2:42 AM

Post #2 of 2 (879 views)
Shortcut
Re: [HKz] Toshiba 26HF14 [In reply to] Can't Post

That's an Orion chassis inside of that and those are famous for Flybacks going out. That's more than likely what's wrong.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.12 s on (CGI/1.1)