Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Toshiba 42HP83

appledeveloper
New User

Nov 29, 2010, 6:48 PM

Post #1 of 3 (1031 views)
Shortcut
Toshiba 42HP83 Can't Post

I have a couple of 42HP83 that I'm trying to make one good set. Set 1 turns off and on thought was a power supply problem. Set 2 after about an hour the display goes to BW and then comes back on. I swapped the main power, sub power, LOWB1, and LOWB2 boards and unit shuts off (Fans stop working you can hear the sound but really faint). Set 2 works with set 1 power supply as that is what I thought was bad in set 1. I'm thinking of swapping the OSD/MICON and Scaler board from set 1 to set 2. Anybody have any thoughts on what might be making set 1 turn off and on? Or should I try the OSD/MICON and Scaler board swap?

Thanks in advance!

jts1957
Veteran

Nov 29, 2010, 7:30 PM

Post #2 of 3 (1023 views)
Shortcut
Re: [appledeveloper] Toshiba 42HP83 [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
I have a couple of 42HP83 that I'm trying to make one good set. Set 1 turns off and on thought was a power supply problem. Set 2 after about an hour the display goes to BW and then comes back on. I swapped the main power, sub power, LOWB1, and LOWB2 boards and unit shuts off (Fans stop working you can hear the sound but really faint). Set 2 works with set 1 power supply as that is what I thought was bad in set 1. I'm thinking of swapping the OSD/MICON and Scaler board from set 1 to set 2. Anybody have any thoughts on what might be making set 1 turn off and on? Or should I try the OSD/MICON and Scaler board swap?

Thanks in advance!

Unless I missed something - objective accomplished!

-------------------------

(This post was edited by jts1957 on Nov 29, 2010, 7:31 PM)

appledeveloper
New User

Nov 29, 2010, 7:58 PM

Post #3 of 3 (1015 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] Toshiba 42HP83 [In reply to] Can't Post

Clarification. After replacing main power, sub power, LOWB1, and LOWB2 boards on set 1 it still shuts on and off. Set 2 I still have the the color to BW problem and was going to try and swap the OSD/MICON and Scaler board from set 1 to set 2 to see if I can get set 2 to stay in color.

So my question is 2 par,t in set 1 after swapping the parts I did what might be causing the relay to continue shut off and on.

Part 2 is what do you think about swapping the OSD/MICON and Scaler board from set 1 to set 2 to get set 2 with the B/W color issues.

Ultimately I'm trying to get one set working and which set should I try and fix??

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.12 s on (CGI/1.1)