Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Toshiba 50H71

Mitragorz
New User

Feb 8, 2006, 8:25 AM

Post #1 of 3 (2164 views)
Shortcut
Toshiba 50H71 Can't Post

I have a Toshiba 50H71 HDTV, 50-ince rear-projection that's about 3 years old. It has started giving me problems. I had a shop look at it, and after a $75 estimate, they told me it'll be another $400 to fix. Not wanting to dish out that money before I try it myself, I asked them to tell me what parts need to be replaced. They said I need to replace two STK392-110 circuits and one 5A Pico fuse. I'm just wondering how easy it would be for me to replace these parts. I have little to no knowledge about what goes on inside TVs, but I'm also not mechanically retarded. I'd rather give it a shot myself before I dish out $400.

-Nick

techchris
Veteran

Feb 8, 2006, 8:37 AM

Post #2 of 3 (2158 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Mitragorz] Toshiba 50H71 [In reply to] Can't Post

easy to change if you have a steady hand and a very small soldering iron. i guess these are the two convergence ic's.it is unusual for both to be gone.if you only have red or blue convergence errors then just change the appropriate one. we can buy these in the UK for about £45-£50 each so $30 should cover it

rrobor
Veteran

Feb 8, 2006, 8:41 AM

Post #3 of 3 (2159 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Mitragorz] Toshiba 50H71 [In reply to] Can't Post

I would suggest your convergence is out you have coloured (or if in USA colored) shadows around immages. What you have been quoted is correct, sure the guy is making a buck but he is adding in issues that might be. He could spend the best part of a day doing your TV, what is that worth, plus parts. If you believe you can fit those, good luck, You may be lucky but if I were to bet Ill give you 10 to one against.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.12 s on (CGI/1.1)